Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order confirmed today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing to consider is that tesla seems to be relocating maximum production to AWD, so your wait could be less than shown now. However, that also could be an optimistic view...

Thinking of changing my order to 70D/
I have on order a 85 non D, I've just spec'd the 70D with same options and it comes out £1700 cheaper!! 3 months longer to wait tho :-(
Decisions, decisions, what do I do?!

I'd go for the 70D. Its only 25miles shorter on range and we are a small island unlike the USA. Also the 70D is .2s faster to 60mph than the 85. :smile:

Oh, remember they introduced 3 new colours, not that I want to add more decision making to your dilemma. :biggrin:

I'd go for the 70D. Its only 25miles shorter on range and we are a small island unlike the USA. Also the 70D is .2s faster to 60mph than the 85. :smile:

It will be miles faster to 0-60 in rainy old blighty ;)

You'd have to be just on the limit of range regularly to justify the S85 on battery alone. The only valid reason I can think of to not go for the AWD car is if you specify the rear seats, then the additional frunk space will be useful.

Unless you plan on keeping it a long time, I'd make sure you go on Tesla's guaranteed residual program (especially if opting for the S85). Changes like this will play havoc to the used market in 3 years time :(

Personally I think the 70D will have broader appeal used and actually command a premium over the S85 for the UK market.

My profile page states : Production complete, your MS is in transit. How long to wait now. Bets now being taken! I go for 1st wk of June ( Optimist! )

That's awesome. My order confirmed on the 23rd March, but I switched from an S85 to 85D when the price changed came throug, although I kept the VIN, (082384) just modified for awd.

I assume you stuck with the RWD 85? Interesting to hear how your delivery journey goes from here. Good luck!