TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order Confirmed today!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tslaaustin, Jul 14, 2016.

1. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Excited to share with rest of TMC about my Order Confirmation.

Model S60
    White
    Dark Ashwood
    Black Alacantra
    Pan roof
    Next Gen Tan Seats
    Auto Pilot
    Premium Upgrade

I went more upgrades than initially i wanted to spend. I hope Elon Musk dont screw me with a new upgrades to AP or other things in the car after i get my delivery. I am hoping that new AP HW can be retrofitted to AP 1.0 cars. My OA repeatedly told me there is no way my car will be outdone by new upgrades in 6 months from now or that cannot be retrofitted in my car.
    i also suspect there is going to price increase for the base models even if there is going to be any upgrades to AP HW thats why i jumped in to make my order.
    I have never cared so much for cars and luxury but after test drive and one night loaner with this car i instantly fell in love with this car. Now i spend almost 2 to 3 hrs on this website learning new things and reading other folks experiences.
    Exciting times ahead!!!!

• Like x 5
  2. Rove

Rove Member

Congrats. Your going to love it.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

When (not if) there are further improvements to autopilot or other hardware in the car, it's not that Elon is screwing you. You will have gotten what you paid for. The car is continuously being improved. Just get used to the idea that there will be a better one after yours.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Austin Powers

Austin Powers Member

Welcome to the forum, fellow Austinite! Our configs are the same but for the color (thank you!:D) What's your delivery date?

5. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Congrats and good luck! I had gone over the same concerns regarding my order. The "problem" with Tesla is it is continually improved, upgraded and updated. No year designations for Tesla so they don't hold out for the next years version. I finally decided I would be happy with my order because at this time it is the best deal with the options I want. I also will remember that sentiment when AP 2.0 comes out and the older S's can't be equipped . YOLO baby! I am going to love this car like no other and have about 1 month longer wait.

6. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Currently the mytesla page shows August - early September. I have asked my DS to deliver it before Aug 20 and she says its a doable target and she will keep me posted.

I have questions on registration and taxes. Talking to the lender he says they will finance up to 105% of the purchase agreement. I know for us in Texas we need to pay the taxes when we go to registration. So how dis you get the extra 5% that lender was able to provide from tesla to pay for your state taxes ?

7. Master One

Master One Member

See my sig, just the base S 60 with PUP and no buyers remorse in fear of AP2.0. A great car now and for the years to come.

8. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Whats a PUP ? Still trying to catchup on the lingo

9. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Congrats fellow Texan!!

Confirmed last night at 3 in the morning myself.

We should be on the same timeline as well as many others here. Same exact configuration as yours just a black beauty for exterior color and seats :)

10. tstafford

tstafford Member

Enjoy. As excited as you are now, it only gets better as you own it.

11. tstafford

tstafford Member

Premium Upgrade Package. Often just called "Premium"

12. Master One

Master One Member

Premium Upgrades Package:
    • First true HEPA air filtration system that is 100 times more effective than premium automotive filters, removing at least 99.97% of particulate exhaust pollution and effectively all allergens, bacteria and other contaminants from cabin air.
      Includes Bioweapon Defense Mode
    • Two activated carbon air purification filters that prevent nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbon exhaust fumes and other offensive odors from entering the cabin
    • Three-position dynamic LED turning lights for nighttime visibility
    • LED fog lights
    • Leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard when paired with leather seating
    • Alcantara upper dashboard accents
    • Soft LED ambient interior lighting
    • Lighted door handles
    • Power liftgate
    • Quick connection phone dock

13. ApauloThirteen

Very nice! Now the wait begins!

First test drive for me was last Fri. Volt (in EV mode) is fun, this was off the charts. I stopped trying to explain it to non EV people - just tell them to go experience it. Friend didn't have a license with her so the Tesla staff volunteered to meet her at her house, on a Sat to have her test drive the car. Just a great experience. Would urge anyone remotely interested to test drive.... but the caution is that once you do, be prepared to buy.

14. Master One

Master One Member

+1

That's the Tesla Fever. Our Nissan LEAF is great, but the Model S is through the roof, no way to go back once you had that experience.

15. Guls

Guls Member

congratulations fellow Austinite!

Mine 60D confirmed on July 1st and this wait is killing me. Expected delivery Late July-Early August. Still in production queue.

• Like x 1
  16. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Did you talk to your DS for delivery expectations ?
    I dont know if the Tesla DS can in anyway influence accelerating the process. I told my DS couple of reasons i wanted the deliver to happen early and she said she made a note of those in my order. Not sure if someone else at Tesla is reading the reasons from customers to adjust the timeline in prioritizing production. Any have knowledge on DS influencing delivery timeline ?
    My DS also mentioned that if i can fund the car early that will accelerate the production and delivery process. Did anyone have personally experienced faster delivery due to early funding ?

17. Austin Powers

Austin Powers Member

What is a 60D?

18. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Model S60 Dual Motor

• Like x 1
  19. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

My car is very similar too!
    2016 Model S 60D | Solid Black | Grey Next Gen Seats | Black Alcantara Headliner | Pano Roof | Autopilot | Subzero Weather Pkg | Premium Upgrades Pkg |

My MyTesla page says August-early September. My DS said late September is more likely. My Focus Electric lease ends on 8/15, so I'm really hoping the car arrives before the end of August. We'll see what information I get from Tesla in the next few weeks. Ford will allow me to add an extra month on to my lease, but my license plates expire on 8/31 and the state won't let me renew since my lease is ending.