Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order date counted as?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my old car today. A bit numb but very excited for the future.
I’ve put a deposit down on Oct 11, 19 on Model 3 SR+ But today I see news about delivery is delayed.
Question.
Order date is when i configured the car and put deposit down or Tesla counts today when i finished the form I had to fill out to prepare for delivery (name, address, delivery location, DL, Trade in, financing)
A bit worried that I lost a week, did I?

Also is it normal to feel like I’m about to get into the best car but also to feel like this is a stupid investment?

I sold my old car today. A bit numb but very excited for the future.
I’ve put a deposit down on Oct 11, 19 on Model 3 SR+ But today I see news about delivery is delayed.
Question.
Order date is when i configured the car and put deposit down or Tesla counts today when i finished the form I had to fill out to prepare for delivery (name, address, delivery location, DL, Trade in, financing)
A bit worried that I lost a week, did I?

Also is it normal to feel like I’m about to get into the best car but also to feel like this is a stupid investment?

It’s normal to feel like you spent “too much” on the car. But in terms of dollars you’ve bought something like a Camry or Corolla, so you should feel pretty smart. You’ll spend next to nothing on maintenance depending on the weather where you live and your “fuel” costs will be a fraction of what you paid. It just feels expensive because of the costs being up front. Im in the same boat. My eyes keep telling me I’ve bought some ridiculous BMW or Mercedes but my brain reminds me that there aren’t any more significant costs after the main purchase. Certainly for 8 years and possibly for 10-15.

It’s normal to feel like you spent “too much” on the car. But in terms of dollars you’ve bought something like a Camry or Corolla, so you should feel pretty smart. You’ll spend next to nothing on maintenance depending on the weather where you live and your “fuel” costs will be a fraction of what you paid. It just feels expensive because of the costs being up front. Im in the same boat. My eyes keep telling me I’ve bought some ridiculous BMW or Mercedes but my brain reminds me that there aren’t any more significant costs after the main purchase. Certainly for 8 years and possibly for 10-15.
Thank you. I think the daily checking the site syndrome has officially kicked in. Really appreciate the support and the embrace of the community