TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order Date for Ontario?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CanadianBacon, Jul 23, 2018.

1. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Member

Ordered my Model 3 this Tuesday (about a week ago) and haven't gotten a word back from Tesla yet. Throughout the course of a week I've provided all of my info needed to take delivery of the Tesla except the payment info, as I need to have a solid delivery date planned out for me to do so. I've also changed the colour from black to blue but I don't think that has much of an affect in regards to delivery time. Was just curious as to what your guys' experience was with this whole process. Anything I should look out for? Certain milestones I should keep my eye out for? Tips? Thanks!

• Disagree x 1
  2. FatLam

FatLam Member

Totally no communication since I ordered 2 months ago!

3. Koflach

Koflach Member

Not sure what you're expecting to hear from them at this point. Tesla will take their time and when they feel you've suffered enough they'll give you a crumb of hope to get you excited again before they delay you again. Enjoy the roller coaster.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

Congrats on taking the plunge! You need to go back and read the wealth of information already in this forum (Canada subforum and the general Model 3 forum). There are probably thousands of posts devoted to people's ordering experiences, wait times, etc. Most have waited multiple months for their cars. In more recent times, some RWD orders in the US have been delivered very quickly. In sum, you're just at the beginning of the journey. Don't expect anything soon. If something happens, consider it a bonus.

• Like x 2
  5. spurs10

spurs10 Member

and whatever info they give you or you hear, take it as a grain of salt. Even Tesla asks me to take delivery next week, I won’t get too high or too low. They can delay the delivery and in fact last night I read on another forum they can even mixed up the color you ordered and you find out when you walk into the delivery center! It’s ridiculous!

6. School_is_buns

You'll have to wait longer than a week. Read the order thread here to see what to expect.

7. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Member

Sweet. Thanks all for the good feedback!

8. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Young padawan, must wait days 750 plus change to experience truly the Tesla M3 buyer's roller coaster.