Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model 3 this Tuesday (about a week ago) and haven't gotten a word back from Tesla yet. Throughout the course of a week I've provided all of my info needed to take delivery of the Tesla except the payment info, as I need to have a solid delivery date planned out for me to do so. I've also changed the colour from black to blue but I don't think that has much of an affect in regards to delivery time. Was just curious as to what your guys' experience was with this whole process. Anything I should look out for? Certain milestones I should keep my eye out for? Tips? Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: Koflach
Ordered my Model 3 this Tuesday (about a week ago) and haven't gotten a word back from Tesla yet. Throughout the course of a week I've provided all of my info needed to take delivery of the Tesla except the payment info, as I need to have a solid delivery date planned out for me to do so. I've also changed the colour from black to blue but I don't think that has much of an affect in regards to delivery time. Was just curious as to what your guys' experience was with this whole process. Anything I should look out for? Certain milestones I should keep my eye out for? Tips? Thanks!
Totally no communication since I ordered 2 months ago!

Not sure what you're expecting to hear from them at this point. Tesla will take their time and when they feel you've suffered enough they'll give you a crumb of hope to get you excited again before they delay you again. Enjoy the roller coaster.

Congrats on taking the plunge! You need to go back and read the wealth of information already in this forum (Canada subforum and the general Model 3 forum). There are probably thousands of posts devoted to people's ordering experiences, wait times, etc. Most have waited multiple months for their cars. In more recent times, some RWD orders in the US have been delivered very quickly. In sum, you're just at the beginning of the journey. Don't expect anything soon. If something happens, consider it a bonus.

and whatever info they give you or you hear, take it as a grain of salt. Even Tesla asks me to take delivery next week, I won’t get too high or too low. They can delay the delivery and in fact last night I read on another forum they can even mixed up the color you ordered and you find out when you walk into the delivery center! It’s ridiculous!