Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Date Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the MY on 09/19 but did not complete the trade-in valuation and payment method until today. My Tesla Advisor told me to wait until it gets closer to the end of October to complete those steps as it should be delivered mid- or end of November. To avoid the trade-in valuation expiring and potentially two credit dings.

My question is: for the 5-9 weeks estimated delivery date, did that clock start when I placed the $100 order on 09/19 or does it start today when I completed all the steps to confirm my order?

Thank you in advance.

I ordered the MY on 09/19 but did not complete the trade-in valuation and payment method until today. My Tesla Advisor told me to wait until it gets closer to the end of October to complete those steps as it should be delivered mid- or end of November. To avoid the trade-in valuation expiring and potentially two credit dings.

My question is: for the 5-9 weeks estimated delivery date, did that clock start when I placed the $100 order on 09/19 or does it start today when I completed all the steps to confirm my order?

Thank you in advance.

I ordered mine a day before you 9/18 and did not complete my steps until 10/15. I talked to my SA yesterday and a delivery date showed up in my account for 11/12. So it was right in that 5-9 weeks total for me.

Reactions: sleepies