Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Details in Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just a polite request to help me keep my sanity. I was wondering if those that have an outstanding order, be it just ordered, waiting for a VIN, or have a delivery date, could you put your details in your signature? I think it will be really helpful for people like me that are trying to work out where their order might be up to etc.

Obviously, you're under no obligation and it's just a request from me as a fellow member. It just means that when person X posts in thread Y saying "just got a VIN, delivery in two weeks!" it would be really helpful if all I have to do is look at your sig to see what was ordered, along with when and how.

Thanks!!

I would have thought you would be better off with a crowd-sourced spreadsheet or somesuch than trying to collate a bunch of SIGs

here's the thread but I don't know if the Spreadsheet is still active?

Model 3 Orders and Deliveries
Yeah I get that and it is one impressive, well put together file, but I just think a simple line of text in a signature would be a great simple way of checking details when a "I just got a text" post comes up.

The signature is visible only in desktop version (from mobile devices).
I see a lot of people have this info in their signature

Yeah I saw that, and I browse mainly from a PC. It's where I got the idea to put it in my own signature :D

Hi all,

Just a polite request to help me keep my sanity. I was wondering if those that have an outstanding order, be it just ordered, waiting for a VIN, or have a delivery date, could you put your details in your signature? I think it will be really helpful for people like me that are trying to work out where their order might be up to etc.

Obviously, you're under no obligation and it's just a request from me as a fellow member. It just means that when person X posts in thread Y saying "just got a VIN, delivery in two weeks!" it would be really helpful if all I have to do is look at your sig to see what was ordered, along with when and how.

Thanks!!

I've updated mine, no harm to do it anyway

Problem with lease orders I think is that you aren't likely to know when the leasing company actually places the order with Tesla. It will vary by company and probably won't be that consistent either.
Very true. I ordered mine via NHS Fleet Solutions mid Septmember, heard nothing and started chasing people in December. Found out the order hadn't been placed until 8th January when I finally received a VIN. Tesla confirmed the order date as 8th.

If testing, be aware that signature does not show on smaller devices in portrait mode but usually show if viewing in landscape mode. Also worth reminding that referral codes/links are also prohibited in signatures and posts in general but can be added to the relevant places under personal details.

upload_2020-9-25_8-23-6.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.