Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order estimate pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the same email. My jaw is still on the floor. I sold my car and I start a job where I have to commute in June. I work from home at the moment. This is going to be a really expensive delay. Why did they invite us? Did they not realize 400k people wanted the car? Or is this the line they are using to keep the rebate till the end of the year?
You sold your car without even having a delivery date confirmed?

• Funny
Reactions: sundaymorning
Or it's evidence that they opened up configuration to way more people than they could handle (over estimating their ability to ramp quickly), and they're finally acknowledging it.
Possible for sure, but unlikely:
  • Recent Ramp is going well, I daresay better than reasonably expected
  • AWD and P ordering opened
  • The timing is right for this to be a tax credit maneuver

yeah, I had faith they would hit the window. When I test drove the model s a week before getting my invite the guy riding with me said people were getting their 3s in two weeks. I know it was dumb in hindsight, but even the rep who contacted me after my order said 3-6 weeks.

Or it's evidence that they opened up configuration to way more people than they could handle (over estimating their ability to ramp quickly), and they're finally acknowledging it.

Probably not since the production trackers, leaked emails, and visual evidence from the photos members have been taking of their lot filling up and with a ton of car carriers cycling through would all seem to confirm that production is ramping up fairly well right now.

Reactions: DR61
Possible for sure, but unlikely:
  • Recent Ramp is going well, I daresay better than reasonably expected
  • AWD and P ordering opened
  • The timing is right for this to be a tax credit maneuver

And don’t forget the Canada deliveries. Why would they start up a new country if the ramp weren’t sufficient to supply the US?

I just received the note as well. Invited on April 13th, ordered on the 14th. No VIN yet.

"In our last round of invitations to Model 3 reservation holders, we received an unusually high volume of orders. As a result, we now expect your car to be ready in July. In the meantime, we recommend signing into your Tesla account to complete your delivery profile."

My delivery profile has been 100% complete for quite a while.

But, as others have said, I appreciate the communication.

I also got the delay email. I configured on 4/18 and my email now says that I won't take delivery until July. I'm not sure why other people who also ordered on 4/18 got a delay email with June as their delivery month. This sounds like an effort to push the 200,000th US delivery until Q3 to maximize the tax credit. I am pretty bummed about the delay.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Same email, config'd a day or two after you. I ordered silver 19". Wish I had gotten June! But at least now I know it will be longer. I am thankful for the warning instead of being anxious the entire month of June thinking "maybe". I think June/July depended on color/wheel and when you config'd. It kinda looks like they switch wheels about every week or two based on the photo thread. I was really hoping for June.. ah well! I saw some posts calling July which I thought was crazy, whoever that was, was right!

Reactions: dhrivnak