Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order estimate pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same email, config'd a day or two after you. I ordered silver 19". Wish I had gotten June! But at least now I know it will be longer. I am thankful for the warning instead of being anxious the entire month of June thinking "maybe". I think June/July depended on color/wheel and when you config'd. It kinda looks like they switch wheels about every week or two based on the photo thread. I was really hoping for June.. ah well! I saw some posts calling July which I thought was crazy, whoever that was, was right!

Same feeling here. At least I won't be going through June with anxiety now, just bummed instead. And I am selling my current car to a friend and he's bummed too that he has to wait until July to get my current car. A 2014 Ford Focus ST Fully loaded ST3 package.

This is great news! Looks like Tesla is executing on their goal to not deliver the 200,000 Tesla in the US until 7/1..in order to keep the 7500 federal tax credit through the end of the year.

My thoughts exactly

4/13 Invite
4/20 config
JULY delay email

However would like to upgrade to AWD and get the car by December w full tax credit. If they can pump out 5k /week starting July that’s 120k cars on top of the 30k they already made.

Nissan Leaf Lease is up in Jan 2020. I have time.

I ordered mine on May 6 and was promised 3-6 weeks. They should at least have a loaner car program for model 3 people to use in the meanwhile.. I'd pay for it and wait for mine to be ready

20180520_174827.jpg

Invite 4/6
Config 4/24
July estimate now :(

Turns out delaying my config ~2 weeks cost me 2 months and they are just now telling everyone. Surely they knew earlier this would be a problem. That last invite group (4/18) was way too big but it's been that way for almost a month.

Is this some cruel experiment? Are they testing their customers to see how much *sugar* we will take? Starting to feel like this is a money grab. They will be sitting on everyone's 3.5k for their 2Q balance sheet.

Reactions: Narekzo
Also got the delay email today. I configured on 4/20 with an initial 3- to 6-week delivery estimate. The above emails encourage me that the tax credit (full?) will likely be operative for a July delivery. Am curious about the first sentence of Tesla's email. Why would the number of orders NOT be close to the number of invitations? Tesla picks up non-refundable $2500 from each order. Was over-inviting a soft tactic to help cash flow?

Bummed at email received from Tesla. Got same email as many of you. I got invited on 4/18, configured 4/22 and now my delivery is and I quote “As a result, we now expect your car to be ready in July”
What this means is anyone’s guess as ready may mean many things in Tesla lingo at this point. Is there a law where a company has to pay interest if they do not deliver in specified time? Just curious.

I hope they don’t hit 200k before July.

Reactions: Narekzo
Invite 4/6
Config 4/24
July estimate now :(

Turns out delaying my config ~2 weeks cost me 2 months and they are just now telling everyone. Surely they knew earlier this would be a problem. That last invite group (4/18) was way too big but it's been that way for almost a month.

Is this some cruel experiment? Are they testing their customers to see how much *sugar* we will take? Starting to feel like this is a money grab. They will be sitting on everyone's 3.5k for their 2Q balance sheet.

Hey I feel the same as you and am very upset but what if....
It is some sort of an experiment so that more people get the model s or x
I really hope thats the case

If you were Tesla, and you want to delay 200k, how would you do it?
Here is how I see them doing it:

Invite a batch of people estimating at how many will be needed to reach 200k.
Calculate where the cut off is if more than 200k is reached.
Let the people who made the cut off know their delivery is in June.
Let the people who did not make the cut off know they have to wait for July.

I don't see the June email as a delay (it is only 10 days away).
The July email is.

June people should consider themselves lucky.
July people will have their car at the beginning of July (a month late) when delivery starts again.
They can take consolation in the fact that they helped Tesla and most of those people who will take delivery from September 2018 to December 2019 who will save in tax credits on their car.

I received the same email with a June delivery date. Bummed, but certainly thankful to have been notified instead of wondering and having my boyfriend ask me everyday if I was assigned a VIN yet . Just hoping I get delivery before I lose out on my 2.39% loan rate.