Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order estimate pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Freak!!!! Now my low interest rate lock is going to be blown out of the water. I got a loan lock using the 3-6 week delivery “ESTIMATE”

Let’s start a riot and get Elon to give us some super charging credits to compensate. 2000kw will suffice.

Supercharging credits is what my wife said should be given. Well, she said a free year. It wouldn’t even cost Tesla that much since I’d guess most people wouldn’t use them that often. Oh well, I guess others would complain they didn’t get freebies.

I’m all for extending the tax credits and beating Canadian election deadlines and what have you, but since everyone’s situation is different there is no way to tell what is fair other than first come, first serve. Too late for that.

There are so many factors at play here for those of us that configured and got delayed. Some sold their cars. Some locked in loan rates good for only 30 days (even half a percent can be a lot of money on a loan). Some will now miss state incentives. I know, I know. The Tesla fanboys will just say we are stupid for believing the 3-6 week delivery estimate, and we should stop crying that we have to wait an extra month or so. Using that logic, though, how can we believe the new guesstimate?

True, we will all forget this a year from now, but that isn’t reason to not be annoyed right now.

TM

Also got the delayed to June message... "expect to be ready" is pretty vague, though, and leaves Tesla the opportunity
to push the date back even more. Sure, it's great they let us know, but pretty poor communication in my opinion. Not even a lip service apology. And if they had any competition, they might feel the need to do something for customers from whom they've taken $2500 on the failed promise of a 3-6 week delivery.

Reactions: cwoernle
Did anyone configure in April, but not get the delayed email? I had a VIN assigned, but I am moving and it was reassigned and I will take delivery in another state. I don't have a new VIN and I didn't get the delay email either.

Yes, there are a couple of us in the thread who configured in April and didn't receive the email. I think the key was already having a delivery date.

4/18, got June email, not VIN using vin trick and I can still edit. Being on the east coast and not having a vin yet makes me think I have at least 3 weeks left since they have to ship it.
Possibly longer. I received a VIN on 14 May, also east coast, and my delivery isn't until 11 June. Don't forget to factor in the shutdown starting in a few days as well.

Email.... they say high number of orders? they knew how many invites they were sending, then all built cars go to Canada?! people that put down deposits days after unveil, configured after me, have VIN's and delivery dates. I understand what they are trying to do with the Canada deliveries but why send out invites if they knew they would not fulfill and deliver in US? they had no issue taking my deposit 6 weeks ago. Arrrgggh

Did anyone configure in April, but not get the delayed email? I had a VIN assigned, but I am moving and it was reassigned and I will take delivery in another state. I don't have a new VIN and I didn't get the delay email either.

I configured morning of 4/18 and did not get an email. No delivery date or official VIN yet (but did see it through the HPWC order page).

I am in SoCal so hoping it's just a matter of getting the call from ISA (transports from Fremont are fairly quick).

Invite & Configure on 4/10 (White/Aero/EAP), Received a VIN on 5/14, Lost VIN a day or two later and do not have a new VIN (due to them shipping to PA instead of NY for NYS rebate). Received email with June update.

I'm a bit annoyed because I had a VIN and started the whole process and have not gotten a new one. My trade-in estimate is only good for 30 days and inspection is up in June as well. I'd rather not wait any longer :(

Does anyone think there is anything to the use of the word "ready" instead of "delivered" in the email? The email states, "As a result, we now expect your car to be ready in June." At this point, I need the car since my old one was sold and I may be overly sensitive to everything that hints at a further delay.

I configured 4/11. White/Aero/EAP. Last week, I received my delivery date of the 1st week of June. The delivery date is still showing up in my Tesla account. I did not receive any email about a delay.

Invite & Configure on 4/10 (White/Aero/EAP), Received a VIN on 5/14, Lost VIN a day or two later and do not have a new VIN (due to them shipping to PA instead of NY for NYS rebate). Received email with June update.

I'm a bit annoyed because I had a VIN and started the whole process and have not gotten a new one. My trade-in estimate is only good for 30 days and inspection is up in June as well. I'd rather not wait any longer :(

Did you try the vin trick and see if you still have the same vin?

Goto the Tesla store and buy a wall charger. During checkout it will show for your vin or for another vin.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jdperich
Did you try the vin trick and see if you still have the same vin?

Goto the Tesla store and buy a wall charger. During checkout it will show for your vin or for another vin.
The VIN was gone before that change to the website and I still do not have a VIN (even with that method to check it). Also the Edit link is still present, which supposedly disappears if you have a VIN assigned.

The VIN was gone before that change to the website and I still do not have a VIN (even with that method to check it). Also the Edit link is still present, which supposedly disappears if you have a VIN assigned.
My edit button disappeared Saturday, is there other evidence(anecdotal or otherwise) to show a correlation between that and VIN assignment?

I got the email about being delayed to June but its only 10 days away.

I did not receive the email. I don't know what this means. Anyone else not receive the email and has no VIN assigned?

Reserved 3/31 10:00 in store
Invited 2/22
Config 4/30
Red/Sport/EAP

I was waiting for AWD but living in CA its not too important. I should have ordered back in Feb lol.

I am taking the worse case scenario and I will plan for July I guess.