Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order estimate pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried it when I posted before and no luck.

Just tried again and there it is! VIN 199XX. Very Happy!

I give your post all the credit for making it appear.

Interesting....I did this VIN trick and I also have one assigned (199XX). Same config...MSM Sport Wheels PUP EAP....I am also on the East Coast.

My story is long and somewhat sordid but I heard from my ISA today and she said the vehicle is bound for NJ but could not give me a precise date (which can change 3x). That said, I feel a bit better knowing there is a VIN out there and the vehicle is headed toward NJ. Between sharing a car with my wife, Uber and car rentals, I've had it with not having my car.

Interesting....I did this VIN trick and I also have one assigned (199XX). Same config...MSM Sport Wheels PUP EAP....I am also on the East Coast.

My story is long and somewhat sordid but I heard from my ISA today and she said the vehicle is bound for NJ but could not give me a precise date (which can change 3x). That said, I feel a bit better knowing there is a VIN out there and the vehicle is headed toward NJ. Between sharing a car with my wife, Uber and car rentals, I've had it with not having my car.
Thanks for sharing, I hope I get contacted soon. Congratulations on getting closer.

This whole... Push date.... push date..... push date..... Canada push date..... Tax rebate push date..... is getting to be quite a mess...

Anyone out there who hasn't configured wondering if and when their estimated dates will get pushed?

Mine is still sitting in the July - Sept time frame for the RWD.

I received the same email with a June delivery date. Bummed, but certainly thankful to have been notified instead of wondering and having my boyfriend ask me everyday if I was assigned a VIN yet . Just hoping I get delivery before I lose out on my 2.39% loan rate.

Well, less than 24 hours after receiving the notice for delivery delay, I received an email stating I have now been assigned a VIN and we are set to schedule delivery. Don’t get me wrong, really excited, but way to play with my emotions Elon!

Well, less than 24 hours after receiving the notice for delivery delay, I received an email stating I have now been assigned a VIN and we are set to schedule delivery. Don’t get me wrong, really excited, but way to play with my emotions Elon!

The problem is your mis-interpretation of the original email. "June" email is supposed to mean good news you made the cutoff. It does not mean you are delayed. Clearly, that is the intent of that email otherwise you will not be getting an assigned VIN today. If you interpreted it as intended, than your Sunday would have been much better.

The problem is your mis-interpretation of the original email. "June" email is supposed to mean good news you made the cutoff. It does not mean you are delayed. Clearly, that is the intent of that email otherwise you will not be getting an assigned VIN today. If you interpreted it as intended, than your Sunday would have been much better.
Then why did they bother sending an email to us? Because they still intend to miss the 6 week delivery window. But made the cut off before July.

Reactions: GoingVerde
This is the tabulated result of the poll from both M3OC and TMC after 1 day.
With two exceptions, all emails were sent to the configured group with no VIN or with very recently assigned VIN.

The first exception went to @Charlie W who already have a delivery date.
The second exception went to @Nilroc who was invited but deferred. She/He is also the only Canadian to receive an email.

47 reported June email
30 reported July email

Of the 47 June email, 14 or ~30% now have a VIN a day after the emails.

export-jpg.9085

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV and Asad1087
This is the tabulated result of the poll from both M3OC and TMC after 1 day.
With two exceptions, all emails were sent to the configured group with no VIN or with very recently assigned VIN.

The first exception went to @Charlie W who already have a delivery date.
The second exception went to @Nilroc who was invited but deferred. She/He is also the only Canadian to receive an email.

47 reported June email
30 reported July email

Of the 47 June email, 14 or ~30% now have a VIN a day after the emails.

export-jpg.9085
I lost my VIN last week due to them shipping the car to the wrong SC. I tried to remove it from the spreadsheet but it wouldn't let me blank out the date.

@MarkBrokeIt ,

Just out of curiosity, which part of my post did you disagree with?

Thanks
CJ

@MarkBrokeIt ,
Just out of curiosity, which part of my post did you disagree with?
Pretty much all of it. You're saying the user mis-interpreted it (the equivalent of "you're holding it wrong"), and are touting your interpretation as fact. Tone/intent of the email was crystal clear - got too many orders, yours is delayed. No reasonable person would look at that email and think "got too many orders, but good news, yours is coming next month!". If Tesla's intent was to send a positive message to the June people, then they could've done so. They didn't.

Now, in classic Tesla style, the message for some folks is not matching execution. Absolutely no surprise there. But those are different things. So...I disagree with your interpretation of Tesla's message.