Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order FSD today or wait until 10/31?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When TSLA stock hit lows a few months back I purchased stock with the intention of using the profits to buy FSD. As of today the profit from those shares would completely cover the cost of FSD. I was about to pull the trigger. While I consider it highly unlikely, what if Elon offered a last-day sale to encourage fence sitters? With Tesla history has shown anything is possible.

Elon said that he intends to raise the price of FSD as more featured are rolled out. Example is proposed $1,000 increase EOM.

On the other hand, there is also a history of offering discounts from time to time, for one reason or another.

Guess only time will tell when is the best time to order the upgrade.

Would not be surprised if they announced the proposed price increase was going to be put off a couple more weeks, to allow more to make their buy...but hard to tell. Elon is a hard one to second guess.

Imagine that if Tesla offers a deal at some time in the future, lots of fence sitters will jump on it.

Perhaps if Tesla has a cash crunch (they are sitting on Billions right now) they would use a price decrease as one of their famous "Demand Generators"

Congratulations on your stock purchase timing.

Reactions: jim0266
I dont know why he doesnt make FSD like a subscription service, say $75-$100 a month. I think so many more people will take advantage of this rather then shelling out $6k - $7k at one time.

When there are tens of thousands of cars aging without it they likely will or discount it heavily. My guess is they are banking on limited assisted functions to try and push more full ticket sales and milk high profits. I can't see keeping my 3 after warranty expires so more than a year has passed with no value on a FSD buy. Each year that passes increases the cost. What they should do is make it very affordable and get a high adoption rate or do subscription which is more likely. Those that paid for EAP are far less to pay more and the additional features that were moved to FSD are pretty useless when it's supervised.

When there are tens of thousands of cars aging without it they likely will or discount it heavily. My guess is they are banking on limited assisted functions to try and push more full ticket sales and milk high profits. I can't see keeping my 3 after warranty expires so more than a year has passed with no value on a FSD buy. Each year that passes increases the cost. What they should do is make it very affordable and get a high adoption rate or do subscription which is more likely. Those that paid for EAP are far less to pay more and the additional features that were moved to FSD are pretty useless when it's supervised.

I dont think its worth it for an additional $6k right now. I may consider it if he goes the monthly route later.

I dont think its worth it for an additional $6k right now. I may consider it if he goes the monthly route later.

I think when people divide the $6K by the number of days they would actually use and be able to use that in a supervised manner they would see how costly it is to use per hour. The $2000 additional for EAP is completely useless to me since AP requires my hands on the wheel regardless and lane changing is pretty poor and makes bad choices regardless. I would love it if they pulled it off my car and gave me $2k in SC credits.

I think when people divide the $6K by the number of days they would actually use and be able to use that in a supervised manner they would see how costly it is to use per hour. The $2000 additional for EAP is completely useless to me since AP requires my hands on the wheel regardless and lane changing is pretty poor and makes bad choices regardless. I would love it if they pulled it off my car and gave me $2k in SC credits.

I wasn't getting it for "free" I would think more about purchasing FSD. There is the possibility if you ever sold the car you could recoup a portion of the FSD cost making your days of use divided by cost much lower. Currently NOA and lane change are the items in which I see worth. But I also want to go along for the full experience.

Reactions: preilly44