Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday, scheduled a pickup at Irvine for Friday!
Nice, happens fast. Guess Tesla expects everyone to have super flexible jobs? Be retired, stay at home, not really have other plans...or drop everything to pick up their car. Me: "ring ring" Boss: hey what's up? Me: can't come into work friday Boss: oh, no, waiting on covid test results? Me: um no, my Tesla is all of a sudden ready for pick up, just got my VIN! Boss: ummmmmm, what the what?

Reactions: SWIPE
Received cancellation email from Tesla this morning too, OD 07/22, first VIN received on 11/07 and hold until 02/22/22. I have to click ready by 01/27 or my order will be canceled. Talked to my SA, very likely I’ll get Fremont mode Y.

Reactions: voxel
Received cancellation email from Tesla this morning too, OD 07/22, first VIN received on 11/07 and hold until 02/22/22. I have to click ready by 01/27 or my order will be canceled. Talked to my SA, very likely I’ll get Fremont mode Y.

Same. My order never had a VIN since this was an SA who put a 6 month hold until April 1st when I bought a demo Y in mid-Oct.

I guess everybody's order older than 6 months that is on hold is getting unheld soon.

cancel email.png

Reactions: SWIPE
In this long thread, has anyone figured out how, other than going to the store, we can be assured the hold which was automatically removed 1/3/21 according to web site, was in reality removed?

My hold from 10/1-1/1 was automatically removed 1/3, and I don't mind that. I filled out all the remaining forms on the web site. My status is "prepare for delivery" but I have no VIN, no EDD. Don't actually need the car until 5/1 but I'm OK with delivery any time now.

I decided not worth trying to hold again (never got a cancellation letter). Getting the new chip, and I hope the better 12V battery is good enough for me. Matrix headlights would be nice bonus but not worth the risk. And who knows when the really fancy new battery is coming out...