Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you will order holds set to expire on 12/31 or 1/1, check your account. It seems like Tesla is automatically removing holds in advance of the hold expiration date. I am seeing TBD for the EDD. from other threads this is happening to other people.

I figured we could discuss EDDs and delivery since we are approaching the end of the year with many people trying to delay delivery due to holiday travel and potential EV tax credits. Hopefully for those that are unable to take delivery due to travel are not pushed to do it in the next 3 days.

Reactions: coolzai and rishid
Yup... mine was taken off hold. I got assigned a vin last week less than 24 hours after taking it off hold and I told them I would be back from vacation on 1/2. They put my order on hold til 12/31. Now it seems they have taken it off hold with an EDD of TBD.

Reactions: Firocity
Yup... mine was taken off hold. I got assigned a vin last week less than 24 hours after taking it off hold and I told them I would be back from vacation on 1/2. They put my order on hold til 12/31. Now it seems they have taken it off hold with an EDD of TBD.

In the MY Facebook group I am in, someone had the same thing happen and when they called Tesla, they said it was showing on hold on their end. Then to expect emails soon about taking delivery next month. We shall see what happens when the TBD refreshes.

I took mine off hold today and the EDD was setup to March 7th to April 4th. I just took it off hold today (12/28/2021).

image2.jpg

Reactions: Firocity
There seems to be some thought that what happens next may be somewhat dependent on whether you went on hold before or after you'd received a VIN. FWIW, I had not received a VIN when I put it on hold.

I placed a hold in Oct when a VIN was attached to my order. Some time between yesterday and Saturday the hold was released. I believe anyone holding got their order released. The real question now is EDD timeframe, I'm hoping to be placed in the back of the line.

Went on Hold 10/29 until 1/1. I noticed yesterday that it looked like Hold was removed and have a TBD EDD.

I received a VIN before going on hold and the last time my Hold was removed, I had a TBD EDD for a couple of days before receiving a VIN. Since I haven't received a VIN yet and there is a 3-day delivery window, I think I should be good for a 22' delivery.

I saw the news about new M3 builds receiving the AMD Ryzen ship and Li-Ion 12v but haven't seen if these have been confirmed on any new MY builds yet. Would love to get those updates.

What is your original order date/profile completion?
Original EDD with upon ordering was January 3rd to January 31st. So Tesla just texted me again after assigning a VIN. They want me to get the loan and insurance taken care by delivery date on 12-30-2021. I called Tesla to ask if they were kidding? They want me to be ready to pickup the vehicle with the loan approval all within a 16 hour time window? I asked them if they are willing to drop the car at my home and I'll sign the documents on the app. Apparently that is not an option. I told them to release the VIN and I'll wait for another vehicle when they're not in such a rush to push me out in this QTR. I also made an appointment to check out the Lucid Air next week. LOL

Reactions: mwdietertg