Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are these delivery holds for the same reason mine is on hold? I want mine from Austin with the 6850 and all cast frame. Model Y Performance w/ white interior and FSD. They told me Feb 1 to Mar 1 when I ordered it on Thanksgiving day. They all the sudden they had one for me for Dec 16th. I told them to let it go and I'll wait until Feb 1.

Are these delivery holds for the same reason mine is on hold? I want mine from Austin with the 6850 and all cast frame. Model Y Performance w/ white interior and FSD. They told me Feb 1 to Mar 1 when I ordered it on Thanksgiving day. They all the sudden they had one for me for Dec 16th. I told them to let it go and I'll wait until Feb 1.
Cancel and order again once those mythical cars are available?

Damn… My order date was early Oct. I put it on hold in early November hoping for clarity on the bbb. Took it off hold 12/20 hoping to get it in the next few weeks. They assigned me a vin the next day and said I must pick up after 12/27-29 while I was away on vacation Told them I can not and they put me on hold again until 12/31. Automatically went off hold a few days ago. This morning got a new EDD of 3/5 - 3/31 😭 Now I need to hold off on selling my current car and restart the whole process again. On the bright side maybe I’ll get some new of the newer upgrades.
same here. my OD is Oct, ask them to put my order on hold till 1/1. then hold got automatically removed and now it's showing an edd of 3/8 to 3/30.

I'm still on TBD for my gray MYP.

OD: 6 Nov
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec

Last edited:
I sent an email to tesla over the weekend when my order showed TBD (as of now it is showing mar 5-31). They just responded saying my order is "off hold and now eligible to be matched." I hope that means the march date is just a placeholder and something will be matched sooner.

I'm still on TBD for my gray MYP.

OD: 6 Nov
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec

Texted my SA to inquire - he did something in the background, now showing:

Estimated Delivery: March 05 - March 31​

Just noticed my hold was removed (scheduled to come off account on 1/7 previously) and now EDD shows as TBD. Figured I'd add my own data point here as the hold was active through yesterday and was originally added on 12/7 after receiving a VIN ahead of schedule (a 2021 VIN unfortunately).

Reactions: Firocity