Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has not moved since I took it off of hold January 1st. Still showing Jan 14 - Feb 10th. I am guessing at some point this month they will do a batch of 7 seaters. I have been tracking some of the other 7 seat configs in the other threads and we all seem to be near each other on EDDs. I wonder if they will do a batch T Giga Texas this month since that option is a very high volume and I am sure they would like to test production on those.

Excellent thread!

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Tried to get creative and took it off hold on Dec 23rd, got VIN in a couple of hours and delivery Dec 28th so had to place back on hold.

HOLD got taken off automatically sometime before the 31st

Right now its says estimated delivery January 21 - February 16
How long did it take for your EDD to update after coming off hold? I had a one-VIN hold until 1/7 that came off on the 4th, I’m still seeing TBD in the app.

One other note, I have the carrier direct delivery option since I live a couple hours from the nearest delivery center. About a week after I got the carrier director delivery fee added in Nov, my EDD disappeared into TBD land. My guess is that it’s because I have that option.

Excellent thread!

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Tried to get creative and took it off hold on Dec 23rd, got VIN in a couple of hours and delivery Dec 28th so had to place back on hold.

HOLD got taken off automatically sometime before the 31st

Right now its says estimated delivery January 21 - February 16
Thanks!

My HOLD is going to be automatically removed on 2/1/2022. I return from deployment the first week of March 2022. Wishful thinking, but hoping that since I am in Cali (and they tend to boost EOQ deliveries by delivering to the closest customers - West Coast) and March is the EOQ, I will receive it in March.

Small log for me:

7/11/21 OD
10/13/21 Delivery text by SA
10/14/21 Hold placed until 12/31/21
11/3/21 Tesla cancellation email if I don't click "I'm Ready" by 11/16/21
11/3/21 Asked Tesla via email for hold until 12/31/21 (acknowledged and placed on hold)
12/28/21 Auto removed
1/2/22 Auto hold with TBD date
1/6/22 Tesla cancellation email if I don't click "I'm Ready" by 1/13/22
1/10/22 Clicked I'm Ready, TBD date

Hoping for delivery in February to April to ensure Ryzen upgrade - don't need the car until March/April anyways.

LR5 Blue/White 19"

Last edited:
Small log for me:

OD 7/11/21
Hold placed 11/3/21 to 12/31/21
Auto removed 12/28/21
Auto hold with TBD date 1/2/22
Tesla cancellation email if I don't click "I'm Ready" by 1/13/22
Clicked I'm Ready just now 1/10/22

TBD date, hoping for delivery in February to April to ensure Ryzen upgrade - don't need the car until March/April anyways.

LR5 Blue/White 19"
Was this your first hold?

Thanks!

My HOLD is going to be automatically removed on 2/1/2022. I return from deployment the first week of March 2022. Wishful thinking, but hoping that since I am in Cali (and they tend to boost EOQ deliveries by delivering to the closest customers - West Coast) and March is the EOQ, I will receive it in March.
I think what I've noticed is that from release to delivery, there could be a month in between or more. Different story maybe at EOQ or end of year push) Soooo you are likely ok. If I were a betting gal....

I think what I've noticed is that from release to delivery, there could be a month in between or more. Different story maybe at EOQ or end of year push) Soooo you are likely ok. If I were a betting gal....
I was just worried that I would be back at the end of the line when I placed it on hold.

Originally my EDD was mid-March, and then it randomly changed to Mid-December. If I was home I would absolutely been happy to get it that early, unfortunately I had to put it on hold.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Small log for me:

7/11/21 OD
10/13/21 Delivery text by SA
10/14/21 Hold placed until 12/31/21
11/3/21 Tesla cancellation email if I don't click "I'm Ready" by 11/16/21
11/3/21 Asked Tesla via email for hold until 12/31/21 (acknowledged and placed on hold)
12/28/21 Auto removed
1/2/22 Auto hold with TBD date
1/6/22 Tesla cancellation email if I don't click "I'm Ready" by 1/13/22
1/10/22 Clicked I'm Ready, TBD date

Hoping for delivery in February to April to ensure Ryzen upgrade - don't need the car until March/April anyways.

LR5 Blue/White 19"
Well I got a VIN about 8 hours after clicking "I'm Ready". 354xxx

Scheduled for Jan 17-23. Once SA reaches out, I will ask about Ryzen chip. I plan on keeping this car forever so hopefully I get it else I may ask for next matching vehicle, we will see if they allow it.

Well I got a VIN about 8 hours after clicking "I'm Ready". 354xxx

Scheduled for Jan 17-23. Once SA reaches out, I will ask about Ryzen chip. I plan on keeping this car forever so hopefully I get it else I may ask for next matching vehicle, we will see if they allow it.
Someone else with a 354XXX (last 3 digits are less than 250) VIN with AMD last night. So you may get it. Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

Great news. Hey Firocity, do you have a VIN? Someone was asking if any 7 seater orders have actual VINs yet.
No VIN yet. I am 3 days out from entering my EDD window, I am thinking it may get l
pushed out closer to your EDD. I am not sure how they do they prioritize 7 seater production runs. Perhaps they will do white interior and white exterior first which is why your EDD is a little further out than mine 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Just received a VIN!

OD 7/1 with end of Q3 delivery estimate
Initial VIN issued 11/16
Placed hold to 1/1/22 on 11/17
Hold auto released 12/28 with TBD
1/2 received 30 day EDD window
1/3 EDD updated to 1/6 -1/20
1/7 EDD moved to 1/12 - 1/26
1/11 Received vision agreement and VIN for 1/11 - 1/15 delivery date

Really really hoping for Ryzen and updated 12v but will accept delivery regardless.

Just received a VIN!

OD 7/1 with end of Q3 delivery estimate
Initial VIN issued 11/16
Placed hold to 1/1/22 on 11/17
Hold auto released 12/28 with TBD
1/2 received 30 day EDD window
1/3 EDD updated to 1/6 -1/20
1/7 EDD moved to 1/12 - 1/26
1/11 Received vision agreement and VIN for 1/11 - 1/15 delivery date

Really really hoping for Ryzen and updated 12v but will accept delivery regardless.
What is the portion of your VIN that starts with 35XXXX and what is your config? Congrats on your VIN!