Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 4680 batteries coming out of Austin from the start of production, I wonder if it makes sense to try and hold again.

Anyone in here attempting to put their order back on hold? I wonder if Tesla has loosened up since there are less holds to deal with now that we are on the other side of a January.
I would be curious to know as well.

My 2/1/22 hold was automatically removed on 1/12/22. When I asked my SA why, she said that the ordrr could no longer be put on hold.

This is after they promised I could placed a 6 month deferment on the order 1 minute prior to be ordering. (9/8/21)

With 4680 batteries coming out of Austin from the start of production, I wonder if it makes sense to try and hold again.

Anyone in here attempting to put their order back on hold? I wonder if Tesla has loosened up since there are less holds to deal with now that we are on the other side of a January.
If I see even one with new batteries make it to a customer before I get my VIN, I'll try to pass/risk cancellation and reorder. I'll gladly pay $2250 (price change + order fee) more to have the new tech within the next few months.

Got a vin but don’t have Ryzen upgrade. Been trying to get my SA to let me unmatch (saying out of town) and get next car but nothing. He is saying he will hold the car until I am back. (4 days after delivery option window).

New battery tech seems great but I haven’t seen anyone post the benefits yet. My current price is $6000 below which influences the decision. I honestly don’t know if I would buy a MY at current price.

Got a vin but don’t have Ryzen upgrade. Been trying to get my SA to let me unmatch (saying out of town) and get next car but nothing. He is saying he will hold the car until I am back. (4 days after delivery option window).

New battery tech seems great but I haven’t seen anyone post the benefits yet. My current price is $6000 below which influences the decision. I honestly don’t know if I would buy a MY at current price.
What is your VIN and build date?

354 and 1/5
It looks like the 354XXX VINs are split with lower(?) half getting the AMD and higher half w/ earlier build dates getting Intel.

I just took delivery of 3542XX VIN that had a build date of 1/9 and had AMD chip

Attachments

• 3E8E2C95-9805-4E55-B07D-031590C8D5DC.jpeg
    3E8E2C95-9805-4E55-B07D-031590C8D5DC.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 58
I would be curious to know as well.

My 2/1/22 hold was automatically removed on 1/12/22. When I asked my SA why, she said that the ordrr could no longer be put on hold.

This is after they promised I could placed a 6 month deferment on the order 1 minute prior to be ordering. (9/8/21)
Similar experience. I ordered 9/15 and requested to put on hold in early Jan. They told me I could but it will come off hold Jan 13th due to their new policy.

New policy allows a 120 day hold from time of order. That might fit your situation.
I had a cancellation email in November and took it off of hold to comply but was able to get my SA to put it back on hold when I got a VIN. That could have been my last time as this time they were pushing back.
How long did your SA put on hold?

Reactions: voxel

I agree with the $6k price difference. I locked in back on Sept. There’s been at least price hikes since my order. And like you, current price I’m not sure I’d go with a MY.

Similar experience. I ordered 9/15 and requested to put on hold in early Jan. They told me I could but it will come off hold Jan 13th due to their new policy.

New policy allows a 120 day hold from time of order. That might fit your situation.

How long did your SA put on hold?
She put it on hold until 2/1/22. I ordered on 9/8/21, and requested a 6 month hold. 120 days would be put at 3/8/22, which would be perfect. I return on 3/4/22.