Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

order hold up by uploading Insurance card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like that my order got stuck:

The next step is to upload insuracne card. It also says that it must have the VIN on the card. However, the VIN has not been assigned yet.

I have been waiting for over a year now.. Do you think that that is the reson that hold the order. What to do?

Hey My SA called and gave me my VIN but I can not see VIN assigned in my Tesla account. I am at page where it asks me to upload insurance, Any suggestions ?
also for ordering home charger I need it to show my car, read somewhere in forums that it will give me more warranty ?

I just got my VIN. SA said I can wait to upload the proof of insurance coverage until I have a delivery date. He said they need it 1 week before delivery to get temporary tags. Didn’t get any impression it would delay Tesla from shipping the car here.

I just got my VIN. SA said I can wait to upload the proof of insurance coverage until I have a delivery date. He said they need it 1 week before delivery to get temporary tags. Didn’t get any impression it would delay Tesla from shipping the car here.
Interesting. Austin SC told me I had to upload the insurance before it could enter Texas. They put pressure on me to get it done in two texts and 2 emails. Seems like they don't really know how the process works.

My SA advised that for me, in New York state which requires a VIN on the proof of insurance, that it would not hold anything up by not having it uploaded. Can anyone else confirm this in NY (or any of the other states that require a VIN)?