TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order HPWC with vehicle for longer warranty?

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Big Ern, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

I've read before that if you get your HPWC with your car it has a longer warranty than if you just buy it from the online Tesla store. Does any one know how to do this with the Model X?

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Your information is outdated. A long time ago the HPWC could be ordered as a part of the car, and got the car's warranty, that was fixed quite a while ago so it explicitly only got it's own (shorter) warranty, and I believe the HPWC can no longer be ordered as an option for the car, and instead must be ordered separately for all vehicles.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

Thanks, I guess I'll order from the online store.

4. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

You will pay shipping. If you're close enough to a service center, go pick it up and save the shipping costs. Every little bit helps.

5. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Quite surprising Tesla charges shipping on a $750 item. You'd think they would waive the $9 ground shipping and only charge for expedited.