Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully TEG will have a picture of that!
Dog%20Ate%20My%20Homework.jpg

I certainly hope you're right! but in that case why not just get us some pics of the progress, and tell us the truth about what is holding him up, instead of excuses of missed FEDex pickups and rain delays etc. etc. etc. truth inspires confidence, excuses and white lies do not............. it's all very sad and my patience is running on empty....

No. Nothing shipped as of this morning (9/28). I was asked to supply a shipping label (which is why I had the tracking information), that things were boxed and ready to go. I supplied that last Wednesday evening (9/21).
  • Thursday, 9/22 - "missed it"
  • was his birthday on Friday 9/23 & didn't get it shipped before sister picked him up and took him to chicago
  • FedEx was too busy on Monday 9/26 and said they couldn't pick up til Tuesday 9/27 (which is odd, since FedEx here in the Sacramento area will pick up on short notice)
  • It was raining on Tuesday and the note telling FedEx to come back to the shop was washed out by the rain, so missed the pickup (even though FedEx had both my phone number and his)
Judge for yourself.

Those kind of excuses do not inspire confidence and reflect a real lack of commitment. Someone like that probably shouldn't be in business.

The only reason he's still allowed to post here is because I feel that the members appreciate this line of communication.

Hi everyone, I originally suggested to John that he put his backlog up on the site and I worked with him on the format, how he should keep it updated, how he needs to fill orders in the order they came in, etc. I'm in touch with him a few times each week as well. Although certainly it is a huge disappointment he's missing deadlines again, we just need to let this play out and see what happens here. My feeling is that he really wants to get these parts completed and shipped out to people, he's not running, hiding, or changing his name. And the fact that all of can now view his complete backlog is a huge plus. No other Tesla owners in their right mind would order anything from him until that backlog gets taken care of. It's all out there now for everybody to see. He knows that his business is dead until he gets this taken care of.

I, for one, really appreciate the effort you've put in here. You're absolutely right. I'm in the mode of 'just report the facts and let people decide for themselves'. John needs to meet his commitments and he'll see a great deal of support. But this is in his hands.

I certainly hope you're right! but in that case why not just get us some pics of the progress, and tell us the truth about what is holding him up, instead of excuses of missed FEDex pickups and rain delays etc. etc. etc. truth inspires confidence, excuses and white lies do not............. it's all very sad and my patience is running on empty....

Hi Felix, in my conversations with him he has let me in on some of the various problems he has had both in his business and personal life that have caused the long delays. As everyone can imagine, he is in a tough spot. But I still believe that he wants to get these orders taken care of. Results are the only thing that matters here of course for people that have paid real money for these parts, but at least it's a huge plus that he did get the backlog organized, put up on the site, and he is still in communication with people. It's just not the sign of a guy who is trying to run away from his responsibilities.

Anyway, here is the current situation -- he is going to move shops again probably in two or three weeks. His goal is to at least get two or three orders off the backlog before the move. He'll be out of commission completely for about a week during the move, and I shared my opinion with him which he agreed on that he needs to at least knock 2 or 3 orders off before he makes the move. People just want to see SOMETHING happening with the backlog, something that lets them know that at least parts are being created and shipped out. Anyway, let's hope for some positive results!

I am sorry for my frustrations. I do agree with all of you. John B your thoughts are always welcome since you have been able to keep a constant line of contact with john P. Thanks again and for the future, for all the work you do for us and specially john p., whom with out you would be.......... well we all know.....

I will no longer post my frustrations here in all fairness to every one and john P in particular..... as long as he delivers.

Please everyone do post when your parts have been delivered and john, as expected, please do post which parts have finally been sent so everything can be marked off as done. as was supposed to have happened anyway

keep up the good work and best of luck :smile:

Last edited:
Hi Felix, in my conversations with him he has let me in on some of the various problems he has had both in his business and personal life that have caused the long delays. As everyone can imagine, he is in a tough spot. But I still believe that he wants to get these orders taken care of. Results are the only thing that matters here of course for people that have paid real money for these parts, but at least it's a huge plus that he did get the backlog organized, put up on the site, and he is still in communication with people. It's just not the sign of a guy who is trying to run away from his responsibilities.

Anyway, here is the current situation -- he is going to move shops again probably in two or three weeks. His goal is to at least get two or three orders off the backlog before the move. He'll be out of commission completely for about a week during the move, and I shared my opinion with him which he agreed on that he needs to at least knock 2 or 3 orders off before he makes the move. People just want to see SOMETHING happening with the backlog, something that lets them know that at least parts are being created and shipped out. Anyway, let's hope for some positive results!

I don't have a horse in this race, but whatever the problem, this should be communicated to the customers. It sounds as if it's not and you're passing on the message -- which DOES sound like hiding and ducking responsibility.

I don't have a horse in this race, but whatever the problem, this should be communicated to the customers. It sounds as if it's not and you're passing on the message -- which DOES sound like hiding and ducking responsibility.

Of course he should be communicating his problems to his customers, that is why he is in such a mess right now as you everyone can plainly see. But at the end of the day, what matters most is that people receive the parts they paid for. Much better late than never! I'll forgive the fact that he is not a great communicator if he can actually start shipping some of these parts (as I have seen him do in the past).

I would be ordering parts from him, too, if he weren't so flaky.

I have a policy of not telling successful businessmen how to run their own companies. I'll make an exception here because he doesn't seem to be successful.

If the volume of orders is too large for him, he should simply raise his prices. If the sales go down a little as a result, he'll still make more money and he'll be better able to handle the volume. Plus it would allow him to hire some extra help. In business you want to make money off the labor of others. If you're doing everything yourself you have a job, not a business.

Raising prices might not even make the sales volume go down. Even a 50% increase would still bring him in under the competition. But, especially in a high-end market, the cheapest isn't necessarily the winner. You can compete on quality and service instead of just having the lowest prices. Competing solely on price results a race to the bottom.

Finally, charging the full price up front is a bad idea. It's not just bad for the customers, it's bad for the vendor, too. It would introduce a lot of discipline if he charged a 30% deposit - enough to make sure the customer is serious, and enough to cover material inputs. Then he would be very motivated to ship product so he could get paid, which would be good for HIM as well as his customers.

My two cents.

I would be ordering parts from him, too, if he weren't so flaky.

I have a policy of not telling successful businessmen how to run their own companies. I'll make an exception here because he doesn't seem to be successful.

If the volume of orders is too large for him, he should simply raise his prices. If the sales go down a little as a result, he'll still make more money and he'll be better able to handle the volume. Plus it would allow him to hire some extra help. In business you want to make money off the labor of others. If you're doing everything yourself you have a job, not a business.

Raising prices might not even make the sales volume go down. Even a 50% increase would still bring him in under the competition. But, especially in a high-end market, the cheapest isn't necessarily the winner. You can compete on quality and service instead of just having the lowest prices. Competing solely on price results a race to the bottom.

Finally, charging the full price up front is a bad idea. It's not just bad for the customers, it's bad for the vendor, too. It would introduce a lot of discipline if he charged a 30% deposit - enough to make sure the customer is serious, and enough to cover material inputs. Then he would be very motivated to ship product so he could get paid, which would be good for HIM as well as his customers.

My two cents.

Sage advice here

I just sent John a note. The sills arrived this morning, after I arranged for a courier to go pick up and handle the shipping on my behalf. Jaff's sills and Benji's parts were supposed to be included, but were not ready for the courier. (The plan was to get everything shipped to me and I would forward it on.)

So while I'm happy to finally have something, the quality of what I've received is not the same as what some of you received earlier. The scratches didn't photograph well, but the discoloration and lack of finish in a number of places were picked up by the camera. Do I believe a passenger would notice? No. Is it the quality I paid for? I'll let you judge from the photos if I'm being too picky.

DSC_1326.JPG
DSC_1327.JPG
DSC_1346.JPG
DSC_1349.JPG
DSC_1353.JPG
DSC_1354.JPG
DSC_1356.JPG

John moving to Florida?

This from Craigslist. John looks to be on the move:

Need to move some shop equipment to Fort Lauderdale Florida. (Rockford to Fort Lauderdale Florida.)

Date: 2011-09-22, 5:15PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I need at least a 10 ft truck to haul a 50 Gallon air compressor, 26 gallon air compressor, dust collector, some boxes of personal belongings, and about two dozen fiberglass molds for work. Also a cat. All of this would fit in a 10 ft U-Haul truck but I can't afford to pay $1700 to rent one, nor want to. If you can help let me know what you'd charge. I don't think a pickup truck would work. Maybe if its large enough, I'd have to get a canvas then if you don't have one so my stuff doesn't get wet.

I'm willing to pay for your help to move, do some of the driving, pay for gas, and food to get there. I have GPS on my phone so it will be an easy drive as well. We can either get there in one or two days depending on if you wan't me to split the driving with me. I'm a 23 year old male with no problems. I don't smoke, I'm very easy to get along with.

Thanks! Please txt me at 630.544.7675 or email me at [email protected].

John

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2612268917