Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is some great news -- the carbon fiber hood and side air intakes I've been waiting on for sometime shipped today. I'm of course not happy about John missing deadlines, but I the truth is that he is producing and delivering parts. Here is the situation on my order at the moment:

1) Received: door sills, door pulls, rear wing, gauge bezel
2) Shipped: full CF hood, side air intakes
3) Waiting for: NAV bezel, side air vents, center console

Over the past few months a number of orders have been filled... Too slow, yes. Still, I think we should continue to work with John on getting the rest of the orders filled. I've been speaking to John on the behalf of Bonnie, Sparrow, Felix, and a few other people and I will continue to do that. Bonnie, he owes you a new set of sills among other things. No doubt that some of his actions have done less than inspire confidence, but at the same time I don't believe at all that he is a rip-off artist or that people are not going to get the parts the ordered from him. That's my take on it anyway.

I think though, whether he admits to himself or not, he is effectively conning people. To take people's money, repeatedly make promises that he must know he can't keep, and to abuse the kindness others... As Bonnie said, regardless of his motives, the result is the same.

The courier picked up part of Benji's hood last week & it should be arriving at my place in the next few days. Once John/CarbonOne sends the frame, I'll forward everything to Benji. I believe the frame was supposed to be ready for pickup on Friday, but I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing it was not yet picked up.

This has been an extremely high maintenance process.

If Benji wants me to open the box and check things out, I will. It will be here at least a week - there's one other part yet to be shipped.

In all fairness, John/Carbon One is waiting on a measurement from Benji, so the fact that that part wasn't shipped last Friday isn't on him.

If Benji wants me to open the box and check things out, I will. It will be here at least a week - there's one other part yet to be shipped.

In all fairness, John/Carbon One is waiting on a measurement from Benji, so the fact that that part wasn't shipped last Friday isn't on him.

Basically what happened is that since he does not currently have a car to test the hood on and the position of the fasteners needs to be very precise, he wanted me get some exact measurements for the position of the fasteners which I said I'd provide. However, I was out all weekend at a Tesla event, and then sick the next day so I had no time at all to get him these measurements. I finally got it taken care of an emailed to him today, which means tomorrow morning he'll have them and can make some final adjustments which he says should take no more than a couple hours. I'm thus expecting the frame to go out tomorrow or the next day.

Bonnie, that would be no problem if you want to open up the box and have a look. Please don't feel obligated to however, but I don't mind at all if you do and report your findings.

I just spoke with John Perez. He says the measurements I sent him look good and he'll probably be able to get the frame shipped out within the next day. He also has a fresh supply of materials and is ready to get back to Jaff's door sills which will be the next part delivered. I also mentioned that PV-EV should be on the order list, he says he is sorry if there was a mistake there and will confirm and update the list tonight including a note on Bonnie's order that he owes her a new pair of door sills. Some other positive news is that John has a new business partner who is going to help him manage and work through this backlog.