Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order M3 Mid-July 2021 will it be Made in China in Q3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First time posting here. I test drove the M3 LR last weekend in Chester...AMAZING!!

Initially thought about the SR+, and inventory suggested we could've taken delivery of a Made in China this Friday.

However, we've since crunched some numbers and we're planning to purchase a LR mid-July.

So my question is will the UK Q3 inventory still be Made in China, and would there be a chance in July of any remaining Q2 LRs within inventory?

Reactions: Billbrown1982
If you ordered a LR in Mid July it would definitely be manufactured in China, even when Berlin does get up and runnInt they may still make RHD models in China as most of the RHD countries are in APAC.

As for left over inventory, its doubtful but not impossible, always worth looking at what’s available and if your open to various colours that will give you more choice.

Would it still be made in China as apposed to.....not sure I fully understand the question.

If your worried about them going back to the seemingly poorer build quality USA ones, then no your safe.

If your thinking of a newer plant being ready to make them? I would say that's just about impossible also.

If your worried about having to wait a long time after ordering, due to stock constraints, you could always order one now (£100 deposit) and then just tell them your earliest collection date.

Hi all,

First time posting here. I test drove the M3 LR last weekend in Chester...AMAZING!!

Initially thought about the SR+, and inventory suggested we could've taken delivery of a Made in China this Friday.

However, we've since crunched some numbers and we're planning to purchase a LR mid-July.

So my question is will the UK Q3 inventory still be Made in China, and would there be a chance in July of any remaining Q2 LRs within inventory?
Hey,

exciting stuff! I was in exactly the same situation as you, I ordered an SR+ 3 weeks or so ago now and then ended up changing my order to a LR, I am picking up on Saturday and have my VIN (100% made in China as I believe all 3s are going forward - so you are safe in that aspect)

Being slightly pedantic, nobody know for sure, its currently the case that RHD are made in China and likely to be so, but if China demand took off again and US production was struggling to find a market they may switch back. They used to make RHD in Fremont just as they make LHD cars in China, so its not like they can't make them in either place. If you get the choice, buy the 2021 Fremont LR as the battery is bigger than the China built LR.

As for July delivery, Tesla typically do everything they can to clear out inventory at the end of a quarter resulting in most deliveries occuring in the last 4-6 weeks of a quarter, so July (the month after half year) is possibly the worst month of the year with the exception of Jan (the month after the full financial year). That said, if there is inventory then it will be a quick delivery as it will be unsold stock from June, but you might need to be flexible on colour.

Thanks for all the responses. I've spoken with Tesla this morning, started off with Live chat then the assistant called me. She explained if I ordered in July, I'd be looking at September delivery for a custom order as they only have deliveries in June and September... If push comes to shove, we might just wait until July and do a custom order if no inventory cars are available.

Being slightly pedantic, nobody know for sure, its currently the case that RHD are made in China and likely to be so, but if China demand took off again and US production was struggling to find a market they may switch back. They used to make RHD in Fremont just as they make LHD cars in China, so its not like they can't make them in either place. If you get the choice, buy the 2021 Fremont LR as the battery is bigger than the China built LR.

As for July delivery, Tesla typically do everything they can to clear out inventory at the end of a quarter resulting in most deliveries occuring in the last 4-6 weeks of a quarter, so July (the month after half year) is possibly the worst month of the year with the exception of Jan (the month after the full financial year). That said, if there is inventory then it will be a quick delivery as it will be unsold stock from June, but you might need to be flexible on colour.
TBF we're looking at the following spec M3 LR Black int, White ext, Standard AutoPilot, 18" Wheels... feels like it could be a standard config as they're all the base settings. White does seem rather popular from all the Tesla's I've recently seen up North :|