Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order model 3 and freeze order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to this group and wanted to confirm what I heard on a u tube Tesla post. Can you order a model 3 and freeze the order for 6 months? The purpose would be to lock in a price thus avoiding inevitable price increases. I would need the car by July 2022.
Thanks for any feedback!

Ordered mine Jan. Got the PiCG.

Offered delivery in March. Declined. Took it this week.

Just my experience, was no issue. Lease company offered to lock in the price, so worked well for me.

Mid way through I changed my mind and ordered a P, which I later cancelled. £100 order fee refunded.

So Tesla have been very flexible for me!

Last edited:
I did exactly that though not 6 months ( and it worked) ordered in July 2019. knowing I was not ready to take the car. offered a car in September asked to defer to November. Collected on 22nd November. price went up in August but I paid the agreed price from July.
Not sure how long you could string them along for though. Nothing to lose by trying really.

Same, I ordered September, declined December when I got allocated. Didn’t get an allocation in Q1 but now collecting next month so for me it would be 9 months from original order to collection with a price increase in between (but I’m paying sept price)