Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Model 3 Performance now...or wait until black window trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be buying a Mode 3 Performance in either White or Red. But there were a couple of things that held me back.

When I saw that the Model Y came with black window trim and USB-C standard, I wanted to wait a few weeks/months to see if those things would be added onto the Model 3 as well since both vehicles share so much. The thing is, I really dislike the chrome window trim on the Model 3. I had considered paying for a chrome delete or doing it myself, but I would rather not have to worry about vinyl that could start peeling in the future.

A few weeks ago, I saw that new 2020 Model 3 that were being produced were coming with USB-C just like the Model Y was. Now I'm wondering how long, of even if at all Tesla would make Model 3s with black window trim. I want to place my order as soon as possible, but I also want to wait and see if black window trims becomes a thing.

Any input? Help me out. This is killing me.

I will be buying a Mode 3 Performance in either White or Red. But there were a couple of things that held me back.

When I saw that the Model Y came with black window trim and USB-C standard, I wanted to wait a few weeks/months to see if those things would be added onto the Model 3 as well since both vehicles share so much. The thing is, I really dislike the chrome window trim on the Model 3. I had considered paying for a chrome delete or doing it myself, but I would rather not have to worry about vinyl that could start peeling in the future.

A few weeks ago, I saw that new 2020 Model 3 that were being produced were coming with USB-C just like the Model Y was. Now I'm wondering how long, of even if at all Tesla would make Model 3s with black window trim. I want to place my order as soon as possible, but I also want to wait and see if black window trims becomes a thing.

Any input? Help me out. This is killing me.

has anyone verified that new model 3 made here in fremont are coming with USB C? It seems like at some point they would either switch to black trim or make it an option, but no one will have any idea of when, at least not until they announce it.

I had the same question on USB-C. From what I’ve seen, there’s been no change to Fremont M3s.

if the chrome bugs you that much - just Buy the car and do the chrome delete - you can get a Nikolaus pro kit for $139 on Amazon. Even If you have to do it every 5 years, it’s not a big deal, and shouldn’t be the deciding factor in whether you buy the car or not.