Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order MYLR now or wait till after 26 JAN earnings call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m about to order an LR, but don’t know if it’s worth waiting until a few hours after the 26 JAN earnings call to see if any changes are coming that would affect the configuration (like adding an option).

This would be my first Tesla, not sure how quickly they update the ordering website (if at all) after they announce changes. I’m assuming any changes would not be options if it’s stuff like new rear glass, smart air suspension (hopeful!), Etc.

I’m in NC, so am pretty sure I’ll get an Austin build…

I’m about to order an LR, but don’t know if it’s worth waiting until a few hours after the 26 JAN earnings call to see if any changes are coming that would affect the configuration (like adding an option).

This would be my first Tesla, not sure how quickly they update the ordering website (if at all) after they announce changes. I’m assuming any changes would not be options if it’s stuff like new rear glass, smart air suspension (hopeful!), Etc.

If you order a MY now you can lock-in the current price. If new options are offered you can update your order to add what you want, but the price will reset to the then current price. However, this would be no more expensive that waiting until those options are offered to place your initial order. Many of things that have talked about as upgrades coming in 2022 will probably be new standard features and not extra cost options. Also consider the time between ordering a MY-LR and getting delivery is currently running 6+ months and by that time many of the planned upgrades will be included in the new MYs. So, I would suggest you go ahead and place your order now.

There will always be something new coming. Wait times are 6+ months. Tesla can’t even accurately determine the delivery dates, so waiting is just a dice roll. I ordered last July hoping for the Federal EV rebate to happen. It didn’t. The prices have gone up. But, looks like I’ll get the updated MCU processor and Li-ion battery. Still having to wait 6 months is excruciating.