Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order new or purchase showroom car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at my first Tesla: White/Black, Model Y, Performance, with performance upgrade added(sorry dont know all the acronyms yet). I've been coming to this forum the last couple of months, and worry about the lack of quality control upon delivery. I am already ODC and it would pain me to wait 4 weeks, then possible another 2-4 weeks to get the car "right".

There is a car close by that is the exact spec that I am looking for with only 118 miles. I have not seen it in person yet and I just test drove another one closer to me(loved the car btw) The dealer is giving me a fair price for my M5, and if I wait the offer will obivously go down.

The VIN on the car is a 5k with 118 miles, obivously I would probably receiver closer to 25-30k VIN if I ordered now, but they are pumping them out so quickly I feel like the quality maybe dropping a bit with such a rush to get cars out.

My questions:
A. Any issues with purchasing a showroom/demo car?
B. If I can see the car before I even start the purchase process, I could have it checked before pick up or maybe since it has been around it has already been brought up to snuff?
C. Anything I should think about or I am missing?

I appreciate the feedback and look forward to being part of the community

I am looking at my first Tesla: White/Black, Model Y, Performance, with performance upgrade added(sorry dont know all the acronyms yet). I've been coming to this forum the last couple of months, and worry about the lack of quality control upon delivery. I am already ODC and it would pain me to wait 4 weeks, then possible another 2-4 weeks to get the car "right".

There is a car close by that is the exact spec that I am looking for with only 118 miles. I have not seen it in person yet and I just test drove another one closer to me(loved the car btw) The dealer is giving me a fair price for my M5, and if I wait the offer will obivously go down.

The VIN on the car is a 5k with 118 miles, obivously I would probably receiver closer to 25-30k VIN if I ordered now, but they are pumping them out so quickly I feel like the quality maybe dropping a bit with such a rush to get cars out.

My questions:
A. Any issues with purchasing a showroom/demo car?
B. If I can see the car before I even start the purchase process, I could have it checked before pick up or maybe since it has been around it has already been brought up to snuff?
C. Anything I should think about or I am missing?

I appreciate the feedback and look forward to being part of the community
Gotta think a showroom demo car would be in perfect shape. I bought the same for my previous M3 and it was perfect