Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order not confirmed, AP 2.0 not an option.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I went into my Tesla X order which isn't confirmed yet to see what the options around the new AP options. I had none, except the original AP, which is called "Autopilot Convenience Features". Yet if I start a new order, I have the new options available to check off. Thoughts? I think I am confirmed either tomorrow or Saturday.

Tesla indicated that all new vehicles off the line will have AP 2.0 hardware. If Tesla hasn't started building your vehicle yet, I'm sure you'll be getting the new hardware. You can certainly confirm with Tesla, but I'd be very confident that if you do nothing, you'll still get the new hardware.

That's not my point. He paid for AP convenience functions like: autosteer, autopark, summon, etc. which where availabe at the moment of order. It is up to TMC to provide these functionalities as agreed. This means that TMC cannot charge an extra fee for these AP functions if they upgrade the hardware. They can charge for additional AP functions and autonomous driving, but only if the client wants to activate these.

There are numerous threads about this but so far people have been told if they ordered AP before the announcement and their car hasn't been built yet they will get the new hardware with the AP 1.0 features. If you want the Enhanced AP features you have to pay the difference, $2000 or $2500, to upgrade. And then if you want full autonomy you have to pay an additional $3000 on top of the Enhanced AP upgrade costs.

So there will be some number of cars that are unique in that they have the new hardware but old feature set. (Probably less than 30k of them.)

• Informative
Reactions: beths11