TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Order not confirmed, AP 2.0 not an option.

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Terapin, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Terapin

Terapin Member

Interesting. I went into my Tesla X order which isn't confirmed yet to see what the options around the new AP options. I had none, except the original AP, which is called "Autopilot Convenience Features". Yet if I start a new order, I have the new options available to check off. Thoughts? I think I am confirmed either tomorrow or Saturday.

2. Firewired

Firewired Member

I would just cancel, and re-put the order in. Then there is not doubt what your getting.

3. Terapin

Terapin Member

I'm only leasing the car for a few years- not sure it's worth the added cost without knowing exactly when it will be rolled out, or what will be permissible in my area.

4. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

what did autopilot cost? it may benefit not to cancel it if you can get the autopilot 2.0 at a lower cost.

5. Terapin

Terapin Member

I think 4k CAD.

6. bak_phy

bak_phy Member

If you call Tesla I'm certain they can fix your order.

7. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Tesla indicated that all new vehicles off the line will have AP 2.0 hardware. If Tesla hasn't started building your vehicle yet, I'm sure you'll be getting the new hardware. You can certainly confirm with Tesla, but I'd be very confident that if you do nothing, you'll still get the new hardware.

8. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Yes, the new hardware will be there BUT the activation cost of the old Autopilot and the new one is different. And if not ordered at build time, the later activation fee is substantially more.

9. Devlinx

Devlinx Member

Well, if you ordered and paid for AP1 and your X is equipped with AP2 hardware they should at least activate the AP1 functions.
    Am I right about this?

10. hollywood

hollywood Member

Not really. It sounded like that it's a different hardware setup, so 8.0 won't work and hence new software needs to be introduced.

11. Devlinx

Devlinx Member

That's not my point. He paid for AP convenience functions like: autosteer, autopark, summon, etc. which where availabe at the moment of order. It is up to TMC to provide these functionalities as agreed. This means that TMC cannot charge an extra fee for these AP functions if they upgrade the hardware. They can charge for additional AP functions and autonomous driving, but only if the client wants to activate these.

12. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

There are numerous threads about this but so far people have been told if they ordered AP before the announcement and their car hasn't been built yet they will get the new hardware with the AP 1.0 features. If you want the Enhanced AP features you have to pay the difference, $2000 or $2500, to upgrade. And then if you want full autonomy you have to pay an additional $3000 on top of the Enhanced AP upgrade costs.

So there will be some number of cars that are unique in that they have the new hardware but old feature set. (Probably less than 30k of them.)

• Informative x 1