Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order now with delayed delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally thought this was possible but my current OA is saying otherwise. My S P90D lease is ending on 9/13. I want to extend this until ~12/13 because the lease rate is pretty good. Simultaneously I want to place an order now for a S 75D to lock in free referral supercharging and a delivery slot of before the fed tax credit expires. My OA is saying he can’t put this order in until Q4. I could’ve swore I read folks on this forum ordering 6 months out. Maybe I’m mistaken. Thoughts?

Free referral supercharging is not likely to vanish come August 1st. i wouldn't worry about it. While in the past they were able to defer deliveries it seems that they're in a hurry to get you your car asap so you'll have to accept it ASAP (which is what 99% of people want anyways, their new car ASAP).

I would just order 2 months in advance of when you want the car. No later than Oct for a guaranteed Dec delivery.

Free referral supercharging is not likely to vanish come August 1st. i wouldn't worry about it. While in the past they were able to defer deliveries it seems that they're in a hurry to get you your car asap so you'll have to accept it ASAP (which is what 99% of people want anyways, their new car ASAP).

I would just order 2 months in advance of when you want the car. No later than Oct for a guaranteed Dec delivery.

I dunno, w/ the tax cred expiring the OA told me that they’re expecting to be overloaded w orders. He recommended I at least shoot for a 12/1 delivery otherwise it would be very risky and I might get the car next year. W the increased demand it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t extend the free referral supercharging.

I dunno, w/ the tax cred expiring the OA told me that they’re expecting to be overloaded w orders. He recommended I at least shoot for a 12/1 delivery otherwise it would be very risky and I might get the car next year. W the increased demand it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t extend the free referral supercharging.

OAs will say anything to get you to order ASAP. One person here reported 6 months ago that supercharging could end in March so they should order then. Right now if i order a Model S/X, the builder is still showing late august delivery. Thats ~ 6 weeks. No way ordering by October will not yield a Dec delivery.

I totally thought this was possible but my current OA is saying otherwise. My S P90D lease is ending on 9/13. I want to extend this until ~12/13 because the lease rate is pretty good. Simultaneously I want to place an order now for a S 75D to lock in free referral supercharging and a delivery slot of before the fed tax credit expires. My OA is saying he can’t put this order in until Q4. I could’ve swore I read folks on this forum ordering 6 months out. Maybe I’m mistaken. Thoughts?
I originally delayed my April 2016 order until August 2016 and then December 2016. They changed it since then so that you can only delay a maximum of 3 months or so. You might be able to delay it a second time as I did...or you could just wait and order in October.

OAs will say anything to get you to order ASAP. One person here reported 6 months ago that supercharging could end in March so they should order then. Right now if i order a Model S/X, the builder is still showing late august delivery. Thats ~ 6 weeks. No way ordering by October will not yield a Dec delivery.
It's interesting, he wasn't pushy, he just said I'll call you back in October.