TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order of Importance

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by nineyards, Apr 15, 2018.

1. nineyards

nineyards New Member

Hi All.

Long Time lurker. First time poster. I am getting a Model 3 (late 2018). In prep for the Model 3, I was thinking about doing a HPWC. When Installing the HPWC, I was also thinking of installing Solar and possibly a PowerWall. Also, I have a flat roof (no attic) which may need new Spray Foam Roofing. The circuit breakers are about 60 feet away from the garage. I am trying to figure out the correct order to get this work done.
    • Install Solar Mounts ----> Apply Spray Foam Roofing ----> Install Solar Panels / PowerWall ---> install HPWC
    • or
    • Apply Spray Foam Roof ---> Install Solar Mounts/Panels Optional Powerwall ---> install HPWC
    Any problems with running a line over the roof for the HPWC (possibly wrong forum for that question)? Also, I am not quite sold on the powerwall just yet.

I'd appreciate the community's thoughts.

2. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Install solar mounts then spray foam. Get discount from solar installer because he will have no liability for roof leaks.
    Have an integrated plan for wiring. That way they can increase the conduit size so all wiring can be accommodated. Probably should consider sub panel in garage.

3. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

See if you can find a roofing company that also does solar. One of the largest private roofing companies in California also does solar and they give discounts for combined roofing and solar. They get very good reviews.