Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will cancel a six month order. I'm going to reorder once the 4680 batteries are leaving Austin. It's worth the 3k price difference and $100 order fee. If I had the 8k price difference, I would have taken delivery (another car for me is a want, not a need, so not a huge issue).

They will cancel a six month order. I'm going to reorder once the 4680 batteries are leaving Austin. It's worth the 3k price difference and $100 order fee. If I had the 8k price difference, I would have taken delivery (another car for me is a want, not a need, so not a huge issue).
It's still unknown if the new batteries are going to implemented into the Y in such a way as to make the specs better.

You could get much more than 4680 batteries once Austin ramps up. New interior door panels, cargo cover, rear dual glass , headlights and the elusive ventilated seats. I just canceled my model Y order and my price was $5k cheaper than todays cost. Want to see what the finished product looks like before I reorder. Too much will I get this or will I get that feature. My Model 3 will hold me over until then although the massive amounts of phantom braking on my commute really make me consider selling my Tesla until they work that problem out. I can pocket $12K selling the model 3. I can use my Ford hybrid in the meantime and that has cruise control that works perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You could get much more than 4680 batteries once Austin ramps up. New interior door panels, cargo cover, rear dual glass , headlights and the elusive ventilated seats. I just canceled my model Y order and my price was $5k cheaper than todays cost. Want to see what the finished product looks like before I reorder. Too much will I get this or will I get that feature. My Model 3 will hold me over until then although the massive amounts of phantom braking on my commute really make me consider selling my Tesla until they work that problem out. I can pocket $12K selling the model 3. I can use my Ford hybrid in the meantime and that has cruise control that works perfectly.
There will always be a new feature/function/fantasy just over the horizon with Tesla. It's literally become like buying a PC.
The matrix headlights that are so blogged about are not DoT NHTSA approved for use in the USA. Scratch that one....
Some items are sourced local to the Giga China factory and might not come to the North American market due to cost and logistics.

But so long as you have alternate transportation, ..... game on.

Reactions: samori01
There will always be a new feature/function/fantasy just over the horizon with Tesla. It's literally become like buying a PC.
The matrix headlights that are so blogged about are not DoT NHTSA approved for use in the USA. Scratch that one....
Some items are sourced local to the Giga China factory and might not come to the North American market due to cost and logistics.

But so long as you have alternate transportation, ..... game on.
Yes Tesla does like to update their vehicles with new features on the fly and sneak things in here and there without warning but you have to admit that they are updating way more features at once than they have in the past. By new headlights I meant the Model 3 headlights coming over to the Model Y LR. I see the performance model has already gotten them.

Yes Tesla does like to update their vehicles with new features on the fly and sneak things in here and there without warning but you have to admit that they are updating way more features at once than they have in the past. By new headlights I meant the Model 3 headlights coming over to the Model Y LR. I see the performance model has already gotten them.
and the wiring loom to support those in the MYP is not destined for the MYLR

It's still unknown if the new batteries are going to implemented into the Y in such a way as to make the specs better.
I would think it would be unlikely that they will make the specs much different. They would then be selling 3 different MYs, which wouldn't make a lot of sense financially. They can use fewer 4680s to get the same mileage with the current 2170s. They need the 4680s for the Semi, and then for Cybertruck

Reactions: tangible1
Why has the semi jumped in front of the CT?
This is all, of course, speculation. But Tesla unveiled new prototypes, CEO of Pepsi said, I think in the middle of 3rd quarter last year, that he was expecting deliveries at the end of the year (2021). Obviously that didn't happen, but with the new Semi prototypes and these statements, as well, as Elon saying the CT is getting pushed to 2023 (Semi probable too), if the Semi is not in front of the CT it is right there with it. Both will need 4680s as well.