Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a question...

My current EDD is 12/28 - 12/31 , no VIN yet. I'm trying to push my delivery to 2022.

When you receive your VIN, I know you have 3 days to accept it, right???

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???

Again I'm trying to take delivery after Jan 1st 2022..

You would likely need to cancel your order and place an order when you are ready for delivery.

Reactions: Yelobird
It is entirely possible Senate could come back in session and they pass the incentives to move the date to March 1st and it’s not retroactive.
I agree it's very unlikely retroactive -- because the new bill adds income cap while the old bill didn't, and the new bill will replace the old bill. If someone over income limit bought an eligible EV (non-Testa) before the new bill, they might/should still get their $7500, otherwise it creates chaos.

I’m one of those 2019 orders and even after I said I would accept the car, I haven’t heard a peep from them and I’m still showing 12-16 weeks for delivery.

I’d rather have the 4680.

Yep same here. It was definitely on hold earlier today, so they did some changes in the last few hours. I wonder how many people this will affect

It's OK your cars should have the newest Ryzen processor and new 12V battery so that is good..

It's OK your cars should have the newest Ryzen processor and new 12V battery so that is good..
Agreed this would be a major silver lining. Crossing my fingers we get lucky.
Is it confirmed that all new cars have it?

No not yet. As far as people can tell there seems to only be a couple of confirmed instances so far. There have been other deliveries this week at least on the Model 3 side that have confirmed not to have these upgrades. I expect it will be standard in the coming months, but for the next few weeks my guess is either you got lucky or you didn't.