Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe in the letter they say if they cancel the order they refund your order fee.

That's a negative, at least on the email I received from Tesla for one of my Model Y open orders from May (currently on hold on my account until Jan 1).

They're telling me that I will lose my $100 order fee, that I already paid for and had deducted from my credit card back in May, if I don't take delivery of the car now :rolleyes:

Screen shot from my email:

Tesla-Email-Order-Fee-Forfeited.jpg

I received the following email when I asked for my order to be put back on hold after responding to the cancellation threat email. I wonder what the odds are that I actually have a Jan - Feb delivery date anyhow.

View attachment 738199
I got the same email this morning..... my acct still shows on Hold until Jan 1, 2021.

I want to leave it as is, on hold.... I m concerned that if I don't reply my order will be canceled....

I will call my SA tomorrow

That's a negative, at least on the email I received from Tesla for one of my Model Y open orders from May (currently on hold on my account until Jan 1).

They're telling me that I will lose my $100 order fee, that I already paid for and had deducted from my credit card back in May, if I don't take delivery of the car now :rolleyes:

The message I received was different:

If your order remains on hold on December 2, 2021, or if your order is placed on hold again, your order will be automatically canceled and your order deposit fully refunded. We appreciate your understanding, and we hope that you will order a Tesla when the time is right for you.​

I get Tesla's change in policy with holds and trying to force people's hands to prevent them from having ancient orders at ancient prices on their order books. The push to force accepting delivery prior to year end feels a bit petty in that it seems driven by their knowledge that they have leverage over their customers who were counting on a hold till the new year for EV incentives, and are using this to their benefit to drive deliveries for Q4.

I might have resumed my April order at about the right time with completing my profile at the end of October. EDD is still pretty steady at Feb 8 - Mar 8 and I've dodged all of these emails as a result (since I wasn't on hold). But there is still a chance that my EDD may magically move up to the next few weeks depending on how consciously they are trying to go through their orders to try and prioritize delivery for older orders.

Reactions: Falcon73
I get Tesla's change in policy with holds and trying to force people's hands to prevent them from having ancient orders at ancient prices on their order books. The push to force accepting delivery prior to year end feels a bit petty in that it seems driven by their knowledge that they have leverage over their customers who were counting on a hold till the new year for EV incentives, and are using this to their benefit to drive deliveries for Q4.

I might have resumed my April order at about the right time with completing my profile at the end of October. EDD is still pretty steady at Feb 8 - Mar 8 and I've dodged all of these emails as a result (since I wasn't on hold). But there is still a chance that my EDD may magically move up to the next few weeks depending on how consciously they are trying to go through their orders to try and prioritize delivery for older orders.
This is my concern, the estimated delivery currently is June 2022.

I have to make an order or to cancel my reservation by December 2nd, 2021
but I have no idea if I would get a delivery in 2021/Q4 or later in 2022 ?

I would prefer getting a 2022 model, especialy if there will be a Tax discount next year?

This is my concern, the estimated delivery currently is June 2022.

I have to make an order or to cancel my reservation by December 2nd, 2021
but I have no idea if I would get a delivery in 2021/Q4 or later in 2022 ?

I would prefer getting a 2022 model, especialy if there will be a Tax discount next year?

There is no “2022 Model”. I assume you are thinking of the ones coming out of Texas with the 4680 cells. But it’s not clear how they are going to handle adding Texas to the mix. It’s not even 100% clear Texas will start production with 4680 cells. They are likely going to continue shipping cars out of Fremont with the 2170 cells until they have a chance to update that product line (likely after Texas is up to scale).

The only way you can be assured you get a Texas Model Y is by waiting until they change the website to reflect updated specs. If you don’t have something on your order which requires it’s built in Texas (updated specs or alternate paint choices) it’s blind chance at best.

Did you order the Model Y Performance? Because it’s entirely possible Texas will just ship those for the first 6 months and let Fremont continue shipping the LR. But that’s pure speculation too.

Reactions: Falcon73
There is no “2022 Model”. I assume you are thinking of the ones coming out of Texas with the 4680 cells. But it’s not clear how they are going to handle adding Texas to the mix. It’s not even 100% clear Texas will start production with 4680 cells. They are likely going to continue shipping cars out of Fremont with the 2170 cells until they have a chance to update that product line (likely after Texas is up to scale).

The only way you can be assured you get a Texas Model Y is by waiting until they change the website to reflect updated specs. If you don’t have something on your order which requires it’s built in Texas (updated specs or alternate paint choices) it’s blind chance at best.

Did you order the Model Y Performance? Because it’s entirely possible Texas will just ship those for the first 6 months and let Fremont continue shipping the LR. But that’s pure speculation too.
About the Model year, I was thinking about the VIN number, the digit 10 for 2021 is 'M' and should be 'N' in 2022.
For Austin Texas, I wonder if the digit 11 will be 'A' instead of 'F' for Fremont?

I have a MY LR AWD in order since 4/28/2019. (see my other posting)

I wonder if I decide to order if I will be but on top or at the end of the waiting list?

Also the words used in the e-mail are not very clair about if I would get the 'current' price or my 'order' price
and if I might get a immediate delivery or I will have to wait until June 2022 from what I can see on the new Tesla order web page ?

Thank you for your message. We are not able to continue keeping the order on hold into the new year at configured pricing.​
Would you prefer to cancel, agree to update your pricing to what is currently available
or open the order for immediate fulfillment once a VIN is available?​

I received the following email when I asked for my order to be put back on hold after responding to the cancellation threat email. I wonder what the odds are that I actually have a Jan - Feb delivery date anyhow.

View attachment 738199
At first (after Tesla decided to fulfill the order two days ago), I was given an estimated delivery date of Feb 18- March 18. The next day, Tesla assigned a vin and told me to pick up the car, in November.

This is not what this letter says.

Hi [Buyer’s name],

We are contacting you to offer you a final opportunity to take delivery of your [car on order] placed on [date of the order].

When we contacted you in [last delivery attempt], you requested that we delay canceling your order because you still planned to purchase the vehicle. However, our records indicate that you have not taken delivery.

We sincerely hope you will choose to proceed with your order and join Tesla in accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, but we are unable to hold your order any longer if you don’t take action.

To proceed with your delivery, sign in to your Tesla Account and select ‘I’m Ready’ to remove this hold by December 2, 2021.

If your order remains on hold on December 2, 2021, or if your order is placed on hold again, your order will be automatically canceled and your order deposit fully refunded. We appreciate your understanding, and we hope that you will order a Tesla when the time is right for you.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

Source. Tesla (TSLA) sends ultimatum to buyers who keep delaying deliveries

Has this happened to any of you? I placed my order on hold and have a March 1, 2022 delivery date in the app. I received an email that my order will be cancelled if I don't take delivery. I called Tesla and they told me they are only holding orders for 90 days. The app has it for March 1st. Tesla can just tell me I have to take delivery in December? With the EV credit so close, I don't want to take delivery now.

Anyone else get this email?
They updated their rules. Probably too many people trying to do what you're doing and it is stressing out Teslas internal system. Just cancel and buy when the EV credit is ready.

Reactions: Ogre
MYP, white exterior and interior, five seats.
Have you been able to chat with your SA. I am probably going to go into the store and talk to him. With your situation @Physicslawyer where you had a later EDD and then suddenly we’re given a VIN, I am not too optimistic my Jan 8th - Feb 5th EDD holds. Feel like if I make it to mid December I can probably ride it out. I need to change my order to financing from cash, I am going to do that and also request a trade quote. Who knows maybe that delays things.

Has this happened to any of you? I placed my order on hold and have a March 1, 2022 delivery date in the app. I received an email that my order will be cancelled if I don't take delivery. I called Tesla and they told me they are only holding orders for 90 days. The app has it for March 1st. Tesla can just tell me I have to take delivery in December? With the EV credit so close, I don't want to take delivery now.

Anyone else get this email?
How dare they not let you manipulate the system!

Have you been able to chat with your SA. I am probably going to go into the store and talk to him. With your situation @Physicslawyer where you had a later EDD and then suddenly we’re given a VIN, I am not too optimistic my Jan 8th - Feb 5th EDD holds. Feel like if I make it to mid December I can probably ride it out. I need to change my order to financing from cash, I am going to do that and also request a trade quote. Who knows maybe that delays things.
I do not have an SA assigned.

I got the same email this morning..... my acct still shows on Hold until Jan 1, 2021.

I want to leave it as is, on hold.... I m concerned that if I don't reply my order will be canceled....

I will call my SA tomorrow
I emailed back to the email questioning if I had to take off hold by 12/2 since my account said it was on hold until 12/31 anyways.. in response, someone totally misunderstood and too it off hold stating that they noted my request 😂....
Anyhow, drove 45 odd miles over the weekend to the Tesla showroom and checked with the SA.. they verified... my EDD is March/ April..
So fingers crossed!
If it helps, a visit to the showroom wouldn't hurt...