Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Online - or - through Store/Gallery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my car at the Lake Union Store thru the sales manager Genny, for me it was more personal and exciting to build the car then immediately place your order. She took my deposit and applied it to my Tesla account immediately. Nothing additional has happened but I'd like to think that if I needed help the face recognition would help. Just my two cents. I plan on doing business with them for a very long time, I want a contact person.

I went to the Santana Row store... sat in the Beta Prototype...

413050_3362932005355_1185868794_o.jpg

...then I ordered online from my hotel room.

I looked at the S85 for the first time about a year ago. The psychosis set in and I became more and more obsessed. There is no store in Vegas so I made it a point to visit the stores in the cities I visited. I've seen them in almost every store on the west coast but my first visit was with a fairly new rep at Santana Row. I've always felt a special affinity for her because she was so patient and passionate about the car and making sure all my questions were answered, even on that first visit when I thought myself to be just a looky-lou.

I believe that people buy from people and in all this time I've met other sales folks and they've been helpful and attentive but when it came time to place my order, I drove over 500 miles to make sure my favorite sales person got 'credit' for the order of my P85. She is no longer on the floor but the manager of 3 stores and her hard work has been rewarded by the company. I'm glad.

While ordering online is convenient and the service is likely no different than ordering in store, remember that Tesla has to support their showrooms too and placing an order in the store supports their ability to connect their physical presence with sales. I also think these hard working people in the stores should receive some positive feedback by realizing the sale. They don't get paid a lot to be there and many do so because they believe in the cause. I say let's show them some love when we pull the trigger.

I looked at the S85 for the first time about a year ago. The psychosis set in and I became more and more obsessed. There is no store in Vegas so I made it a point to visit the stores in the cities I visited. I've seen them in almost every store on the west coast but my first visit was with a fairly new rep at Santana Row. I've always felt a special affinity for her because she was so patient and passionate about the car and making sure all my questions were answered, even on that first visit when I thought myself to be just a looky-lou.

I believe that people buy from people and in all this time I've met other sales folks and they've been helpful and attentive but when it came time to place my order, I drove over 500 miles to make sure my favorite sales person got 'credit' for the order of my P85. She is no longer on the floor but the manager of 3 stores and her hard work has been rewarded by the company. I'm glad.

While ordering online is convenient and the service is likely no different than ordering in store, remember that Tesla has to support their showrooms too and placing an order in the store supports their ability to connect their physical presence with sales. I also think these hard working people in the stores should receive some positive feedback by realizing the sale. They don't get paid a lot to be there and many do so because they believe in the cause. I say let's show them some love when we pull the trigger.

Agreed. However, in Texas you cannot order in the store--they cannot even give you pricing. So what I did instead was just get on my cell phone while I was in the store, pull up my iPad to look at options, and placed order on the phone. High fives all around after order was placed. Loved in the in store experience.