Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed, still in "free charging" config window. Nope on 100D. Sad. Need Counseling.

Mode X 90D with free charging OR 100D without?

• 90D with free charging.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • 100D without.

Votes: 75 78.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP update! This thread deserves that for all the help. I picked up my 100D, Blue, White interior Model X on Thursday March 30 and I absolutely love it. I can't find enough excuses to go and drive it. And for the record, my range anxiety has been replaced with cleaning anxiety... but I guess I am just a high-anxiety person. Here is the obligatory Christmas show:
Thanks TMC!

OP update! This thread deserves that for all the help. I picked up my 100D, Blue, White interior Model X on Thursday March 30 and I absolutely love it. I can't find enough excuses to go and drive it. And for the record, my range anxiety has been replaced with cleaning anxiety... but I guess I am just a high-anxiety person. Here is the obligatory Christmas show:
Thanks TMC!

Congrats Chamberz- blue with white seats is a rocking combination. I am also getting a blue mx 100D soon. :) hopefully your white seats stay nice and clean.

I decided to stick with the MX 90D with free supercharging. One of the main reasons was the ventilated seats (which are great - don't agree with some on TMC suggesting they don't work)

The difference of 39 rated miles of charge for me is neither here nor there. For long road trips a 90D or 100D would need to supercharge anyway. The only downside would be I would likely need to stop one more time on say an 800 mile journey, which would add 30 mins or so.

I thought the X-mas show 'expired' (from another thread) Jan 15th '17, or some such date. You got it to run after delivery on 3/30?

Yeah. I was kind of surprised too. I think I did the X-mas show March 31. FWIW, it was with 8.0 software. I haven't tried it with the 8.1. Maybe every X gets 1 free show. I'll give it a try this weekend again. It's loud.

Congrats Chamberz- blue with white seats is a rocking combination. I am also getting a blue mx 100D soon. :) hopefully your white seats stay nice and clean.
The white seats are a showstopper! I love them. They are synthetic but (was told by Tesla) that is better as it is not as porous as leather. There are a bunch of videos on Youtube showing people cleaning the white seats. I've already wiped some dirt smudges from kid boots and it wiped right off.

The white seats are a showstopper! I love them. They are synthetic but (was told by Tesla) that is better as it is not as porous as leather. There are a bunch of videos on Youtube showing people cleaning the white seats. I've already wiped some dirt smudges from kid boots and it wiped right off.
I wish Tesla would offer this synthetic leather in all the colors. Would rather have this than regular leather, but didn't really want the white.

I decided to stick with the MX 90D with free supercharging. One of the main reasons was the ventilated seats (which are great - don't agree with some on TMC suggesting they don't work)

The difference of 39 rated miles of charge for me is neither here nor there. For long road trips a 90D or 100D would need to supercharge anyway. The only downside would be I would likely need to stop one more time on say an 800 mile journey, which would add 30 mins or so.

The 100 packs also have a faster charge curve. Very helpful if you're trying to supercharge quickly and get back on the road.