TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order placed!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mumper, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Mumper

Mumper Member

After much thought, I just placed my order! I ended up ordering a 2018 MX 75D, 5-seater in pearl white with enhanced autopilot.

Thought a lot about my order. Some notes on my decisions below:

22” black Onyx Wheels. We really wanted this option (it looks amazing on white!) but ultimately the 10-15% mileage reduction just did not seem worth it. We will most likely just get the 20’s powder coated black.

PUP. The only thing we really wanted out of this was XM radio. In the end, I am not going to pay 6k for sat radio so we passed. We live in SoCal so the winter features are useless to us. The default radio sounded great to me as well. HEPA filter is neat but not 6k neat. Lastly, the self presenting doors. These are no doubt cool but you still get most of the power door features without it.

Premium seats. We looked at both and honestly liked the multipattern better. Coming from years of BMW, the Tesla leather leaves a lot to be desired and just did not seem worth it when the multipattern looks so great. The two tone look of the bolsters and headrest with the textured cloth looked more sporty to us. We will have 3 boys to carry around and I think it’s going to hold up really well.

The car should be here in early March. We did a loan at the 2.5% promotional rate. Should just sneak in before the federal rebate gets reduced!

Also of note, this is my first post to the forum and I’m looking forward being an active member!

• Like x 7
  2. arcus

arcus Member

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your purchase as well - looks like you did the research on what features really matter to you and stuck with it. Kudos.

3. sub

sub Active Member

We have had our X75D for almost a month now, love it. We made almost the same decisions as you on options. However, the upgraded seat material is not leather, I'm not sure you're aware of that or just didn't mention it. I prefer the vegan material over the previous Tesla leather that did not appear to hold up well over time, so we did get that option.

I would have liked to get rear heated seats for ~1k and would have paid similar for upgraded stereo but for normal adults the standard system is more than adequate.

4. Mumper

Mumper Member

They did mention that it was synthetic, we just did not think it looked worth it for $3300.

Agree on separate options for a lower price. I most likely would have paid 1.5k for sat radio/upgraded sound.

5. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#5 Plan B, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Welcome!

6. Mumper

Mumper Member

Hah! If only I had 90k in cash!

7. Mumper

Mumper Member

In reality, I think we will be really happy with the 75D. My commute is 38 miles round trip and we have plenty of superchargers here in CA.

8. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

Congrats!

We also put in an order the first of the year for a 75D in white also but 6 seater.

Did you get yours at the costa mesa location?

We haven't done any of the financing yet as they told us to do it in feb. Thanks for sharing the promo rate you received. Too bad it wasn't the 1.99 they had in dec.

9. bbbrown

bbbrown Member

Just got almost the same car but we got the premium vegan material We absolutely love it. Had some doubts during the long wait, but once it arrived and we drove it a week, the doubts are gone!

• Like x 1
  10. Mumper

Mumper Member

We placed the order with Riley at Mission Viejo. He was great to work with. Agree on the rate, was 1.49% up until 12/31.

11. Mumper

Mumper Member

That’s great to hear! This next couple months are going to be a long wait!!

• Funny x 1
  12. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Our x is pearl White and looks amazing in that color. Get a lot of compliments.

13. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Welcome and congrats!

• Like x 1
  14. HenryCH

HenryCH Member

any tips for the wait anxiety? Delivery date end March, early April X100D..

• Like x 1
  15. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Welcome to the board.
    You will love your X. So far, I love it more than my S, although I also love S.
    To me, X is about experience, whereas S is about performance.

• Like x 1
  16. bbbrown

bbbrown Member

Have you looked at the spreadsheet for the tracking of orders of the model x? I filled in my information and watched everyone's orders during the wait. The wait is not easy at all. With that long of an expected wait and it shipping overseas, I literally would just try to put it out of your mind as best as possible and then start visiting the sites and forums at the end of February. Maybe it will make the wait feel less long. Good luck!

17. alloverx

alloverx Member

There are threads on adding/installing a HEPA filter manually for free. i.e. there is a spot for it to go in. Looks like some service folks will sell it to you some might not. Might be a 3rd party filter that fits too.

18. luke666

luke666 Member

22” black Onyx Wheels----the 23% mileage reduction. Check youtube. But I love 22'' too.

19. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

I placed my order January 30 for a Red X100D, Black Premium, 7 seat, and 20" Silver wheels.
    Today is my last date for changes...
    I am hoping for some kind of status update tomorrow.

• Like x 1
  20. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

First post here. This wait is sooooo long! Ordered 1/3. Confirmed 1/7. Still no VIN. Ugh!! Contacted DS a couple weeks ago and was told delivery still estimated at mid March. I hope so because I have plans!

I’m not a big car person...I just need something to go from point A to point B but I’m pretty excited for the MX. I really hope the DS estimate still holds true. I just don’t get it how some say they received VIN the same day they confirmed?? Would be nice to have VIN so I can inquire on insurance and get that out of the way as I’ve got a hectic late February to mid March with work travels and meetings!