TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order placed!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mumper, Jan 15, 2018.

1. leolin998

leolin998 New Member

I ordered a MX75D on 12/28, confirmed on 1/3, VIN 1/12 (855XX), in production 1/27. As of today still in production.

• Like x 1
  2. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

Well if what YouZiDad said is true about refresh, that could explain why your car is still in production. Only thing that’s apparent is that there is no standard progression or timeline in the ordering to delivery cycle. Sigh...

3. CharChar

CharChar New Member

There does not seem to be any method to the Tesla madness. As a frame of reference for you, I ordered my X on 12/3 and didn't get a VIN until around 1/25. I just today got updated to "in production." The sales office called me and said that they should have a delivery date in about a week. They told me Jan/Feb delivery when I ordered, and I think it will end up being early March.

4. leolin998

leolin998 New Member

I’m in New Zealand if that makes a difference. When I ordered it was “late March” and no my ds says it could be early March.

5. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

WooHoo!!! Just looked at my Tesla.com account and my VIN got assigned!

• Like x 1
  6. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

Whoa! I just read RJ’s post that he got his VIN (congrats!) and decided that I’d be a glutton for punishment by checking mine because I was pretty certain I’d be disappointed. NOPE! I got my VIN too. Now the second part of waiting begins...

• Like x 1
  7. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

Woohoo Congrats ChunLi!!!

• Like x 1
  8. loxo

loxo Member

Ordered 15. January and on the site it says delivery end of march. Now DS said delivery most like end of Mai or June, but she doesn't know 100%. She believes that all Model Xs for Switzerland are getting produced in one batch (beginning of 2nd Quarter). Never heard of that!

I guess owning a Tesla Model S already and the fact that I ordered an X P100D won't positively affect this situation neither!?

Can a DS be wrong?

9. newtpootywinkl

Ordered 2/2, confirmed 2/5. Site said delivery late March. Just received VIN today though site no longer shows delivery date. Will add to the spreadsheet later today. Oh, and hello all. First post.

10. Mumper

Mumper Member

Got my VIN this morning!

• Like x 1
  11. Mumper

Mumper Member

Forgot to mention that my OA says i should still expect delivery in early-mid March.

12. YouZiDAD

YouZiDAD Member

That's unfair, my DS said my order is later than others probably because of the enhanced AP

13. mycoljay

mycoljay Member

Ordered 1/31. Got my VIN and it says it’s in production. Does anyone know if i’ll have to pay to add on EAP, as isn’t just an update?

14. seadrag76

seadrag76 Member

mycolijay, what is your spec and where the delivery location will be?

15. rohitgarewal

rohitgarewal Member

I ordered on January 9th, an X 100D, still no VIN, still shows March delivery.

16. mycoljay

mycoljay Member

ordered a 75D, six seater w/ console, delivered to honolulu, hi
    it’s in production, delivery estimated end of March

17. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

Ordered 2/8, confirmed today. VIN 911xx, today. MX100. Guessing arrival next month.

18. loxo

loxo Member

P100D, ordered 1/16, confirmed 1/24, still no VIN :(

19. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

MX 100D for delivery in March in Maryland.

Ordered 12/29. Confirmed 1/1. VIN assigned on 1/27. DS emailed yesterday to say vehicle will be produced in next two weeks for delivery in early March. Yea!

20. cartech

cartech Member

Order place for MX 100D 02/13 for June delivery ... long shot but hoping they deliver early :)

• Like x 1