TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order placed!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mumper, Jan 15, 2018.

1. rohitgarewal

rohitgarewal Member

Got a call from my delivery advisor yesterday that it looks like my car will be delivered to SF on March 20th. I was able to lock in my financing at 1.49% for the 100D.

Interesting fact, if there is a delay to your delivery ‘due to Tesla,’ the finance team can push your financing window to 45 days instead of 30 without re-running your credit. That means they will also hold your negotiated rate Incase Tesla and their partners increase the rates come April 1st (they negotiate them every quarter).

2. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

Just checked and my car is in production too. Ordered 1/3.

• Like x 1
  3. techiegirl

techiegirl Member

My car went into production as of today. Ordered 1/6, confirmed 1/10.

4. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Sorry for the slow update,

X-100D Ordered 1/29, Confirmed 2/2, VIN nearly immediately, Scheduled for production the last few weeks...

In production 3/2, My DS says probably finished by March 5...

Scheduled pickup March 22 in Chicago...

Shawn

5. rohitgarewal

rohitgarewal Member

Shawn, what was your configuration? Interesting how these are being grouped; I have a 100d hat I ordered on the 19th here in the Bay Area and still no production.

• Helpful x 1
  6. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I order mine yesterday March 3rd. P100D - my wife does not really need the P but it just seems like it is better just incase I drive it.

7. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Rohitgarewal,

It was an X-100-D, 7 Seat, PUP, EAP, FSD, 20" Wheels, and Leather..
    I am in Michigan and I ordered on January 29, 2018...

I hope this helps...

Shawn

8. techiegirl

techiegirl Member

We’re picking up in Colorado. Ordered 1/6. I’m wondering if they’re sending mid west out first.

9. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

OMG,

Today: Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. caesartheday

caesartheday Member

New batch of Teslas fresh from the factory on their way down to Marina Del Rey. Today on the 405.

Attached Files:

11. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

Hmmm...bummer! I don’t see a blue one on there! My account says it’s in transit and I am picking up from MdR.

12. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

Data point for east coasters-in-wait: My Model X was in production between Feb 23 and Feb 27. Was loaded on a train to Birmingham, AL on Feb 28. Original delivery date was set for March 20. Was contacted yesterday evening by my DS. Car is early! Arrives in Rockville, MD over the weekend and the new delivery date is March 13. Hurray!!

13. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

Got call from DS today to schedule pick up date. Car expected to arrive at center over the weekend and I'll be picking up next week! When I ordered back on 1/3, my estimated delivery was mid-March. Looks to be pretty accurate!

14. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

Congrats! We ordered about the same time but yours was much faster. Im jelly.

15. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

B2...

Have you heard more about when your car will be ready for pick up. My DS called on Saturday to say the car arrived and could be picked up as early as Wednesday.

16. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

OMG nice! I have a tentative appointment for 3/20.

When I ordered they said late feb to early march. boooo

17. techiegirl

techiegirl Member

So my car (100d) has been in production since 3/1. It’s the 12th and it’s still in production. I’m reading those that started production after mine have already completed. Is this common?

18. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

My understanding is that the “in production” status doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s still being made. If a vehicle hasn’t been assigned to a transport yet it will still be listed as “in production”. You can always ping your DS to see what’s going on

19. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

Another reference point— car started production around 3/5. (Ordered 2/8, for Tempe delivery)

I was told on 3/1 production was happening “soon” and he had booked me an appointment on 3/15 for delivery.

Production started about 3/5 and ended about 3/10, per website.

It’s on its way to delivery center in Arizona on 3/10.

Fairly quick.

I rescheduled for 3/17, as I can’t do weekdays since I don’t live in Phoenix/Tempe.

Pretty smooth process thus far. M100X

20. Mumper

Mumper Member

I have my delivery scheduled for 3/19 in Costa Mesa. Super excited! Order placed on 1/4.