Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much thought, I just placed my order! I ended up ordering a 2018 MX 75D, 5-seater in pearl white with enhanced autopilot.

Thought a lot about my order. Some notes on my decisions below:

22” black Onyx Wheels. We really wanted this option (it looks amazing on white!) but ultimately the 10-15% mileage reduction just did not seem worth it. We will most likely just get the 20’s powder coated black.

PUP. The only thing we really wanted out of this was XM radio. In the end, I am not going to pay 6k for sat radio so we passed. We live in SoCal so the winter features are useless to us. The default radio sounded great to me as well. HEPA filter is neat but not 6k neat. Lastly, the self presenting doors. These are no doubt cool but you still get most of the power door features without it.

Premium seats. We looked at both and honestly liked the multipattern better. Coming from years of BMW, the Tesla leather leaves a lot to be desired and just did not seem worth it when the multipattern looks so great. The two tone look of the bolsters and headrest with the textured cloth looked more sporty to us. We will have 3 boys to carry around and I think it’s going to hold up really well.

The car should be here in early March. We did a loan at the 2.5% promotional rate. Should just sneak in before the federal rebate gets reduced!

Also of note, this is my first post to the forum and I’m looking forward being an active member!

We have had our X75D for almost a month now, love it. We made almost the same decisions as you on options. However, the upgraded seat material is not leather, I'm not sure you're aware of that or just didn't mention it. I prefer the vegan material over the previous Tesla leather that did not appear to hold up well over time, so we did get that option.

I would have liked to get rear heated seats for ~1k and would have paid similar for upgraded stereo but for normal adults the standard system is more than adequate.

After much thought, I just placed my order! I ended up ordering a 2018 MX 75D, 5-seater in pearl white with enhanced autopilot.

22” black Onyx Wheels. We really wanted this option (it looks amazing on white!) but ultimately the 10-15% mileage reduction just did not seem worth it. We will most likely just get the 20’s powder coated black.

PUP. The only thing we really wanted out of this was XM radio. In the end, I am not going to pay 6k for sat radio so we passed. We live in SoCal so the winter features are useless to us. The default radio sounded great to me as well. HEPA filter is neat but not 6k neat. Lastly, the self presenting doors. These are no doubt cool but you still get most of the power door features without it.

Premium seats. We looked at both and honestly liked the multipattern better. Coming from years of BMW, the Tesla leather leaves a lot to be desired and just did not seem worth it when the multipattern looks so great. The two tone look of the bolsters and headrest with the textured cloth looked more sporty to us. We will have 3 boys to carry around and I think it’s going to hold up really well.

The car should be here in early March. We did a loan at the 2.5% promotional rate. Should just sneak in before the federal rebate gets reduced!

Also of note, this is my first post to the forum and I’m looking forward being an active member!

Welcome!

Last edited:
Congrats!

We also put in an order the first of the year for a 75D in white also but 6 seater.

Did you get yours at the costa mesa location?

We haven't done any of the financing yet as they told us to do it in feb. Thanks for sharing the promo rate you received. Too bad it wasn't the 1.99 they had in dec.

Congrats!

We also put in an order the first of the year for a 75D in white also but 6 seater.

Did you get yours at the costa mesa location?

We haven't done any of the financing yet as they told us to do it in feb. Thanks for sharing the promo rate you received. Too bad it wasn't the 1.99 they had in dec.

We placed the order with Riley at Mission Viejo. He was great to work with. Agree on the rate, was 1.49% up until 12/31.

Welcome to the board.
You will love your X. So far, I love it more than my S, although I also love S.
To me, X is about experience, whereas S is about performance.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
any tips for the wait anxiety? Delivery date end March, early April X100D..
Have you looked at the spreadsheet for the tracking of orders of the model x? I filled in my information and watched everyone's orders during the wait. The wait is not easy at all. With that long of an expected wait and it shipping overseas, I literally would just try to put it out of your mind as best as possible and then start visiting the sites and forums at the end of February. Maybe it will make the wait feel less long. Good luck!

First post here. This wait is sooooo long! Ordered 1/3. Confirmed 1/7. Still no VIN. Ugh!! Contacted DS a couple weeks ago and was told delivery still estimated at mid March. I hope so because I have plans!

I’m not a big car person...I just need something to go from point A to point B but I’m pretty excited for the MX. I really hope the DS estimate still holds true. I just don’t get it how some say they received VIN the same day they confirmed?? Would be nice to have VIN so I can inquire on insurance and get that out of the way as I’ve got a hectic late February to mid March with work travels and meetings!