Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do NOT BUY MY LEMON Model X 90D. VIN: 005674.
This car has almost countless manufacturing defects. Doors needed to be adjust many times, including new motors. I added 1/4inch weatherstripping to stop abundant airflow around them (noise and cold came in, couldn't keep car warm in winter). Now the windshield wipers are stuck in the 'up' position, refusing to go down. Driver's seat is now being replaced for unclear reasons, but cold NJ winters have had NO HEAT IN SEAT! Key fob died totally. Once the car just stopped working when parked at office. Tesla sent a flatbed for it. It's been 18 months and Tesla is close to 'making a deal' to replace this lemon, but has really refused to refund the deposit paid on the lease. Whatever deal may include a non-disclosure agreement, not in force as of today, so here is my recommendation:
DO NOT BUY LEMON MODEL X 90D: VIN 005674.

Just heard from my DS that my order is delayed. :(

Was supposed to pick up tomorrow. I don’t know how long the delay is, he said he would call me in the morning tomorrow.

One good thing, he confirmed my car has the new upgraded MCU!
I don't know why it seems OK for Tesla to let you know so close to delivery that the vehicle was never actually produced? We had the same issue and were finally able to take delivery 3 months after originally promised. In the meantime, I requested a loaner and was provided a P90D for that 3 month interim. It's crazy that this keeps happening to people, but know that you're not SOL. Tesla still wants you to be happy so don't be afraid to ask for some common ground. Their perception is still important to them.

If you're trading in a vehicle, have them take the trade in now as well. There's no guarantee you'll have the same value for your vehicle as the estimate is typically only good for 1 month. We were able to do exactly this as well. I'm certain 3 months more of driving would've decreased the value of the vehicle.

He told me car is actually through production, it’s stuck in inspection for the driver display issue. Delay should just be a couple of days hopefully.

What does your Tesla account status say? Mine is stuck in production status for the last 10 days and wondering if production is complete but just stuck in inspection as well. My DS has not even contacted me still for anything, at least my OA is responsive to questions and am planning to ask her what's going on.

Reactions: WINGIT
Update: Heard from my DS this morning. My MX apparently did not make it onto truck so I am now waiting for more info. Certainly does not seem like I will get it today. This is the second last minute delay. :(
Sorry to hear. It'll come eventually and I'm certain you'll love owning it. In the meantime, enjoy driving a Tesla for free:) There are worse problems in life, lol. Hoping you get your vehicle soon!

Update: Heard from my DS this morning. My MX apparently did not make it onto truck so I am now waiting for more info. Certainly does not seem like I will get it today. This is the second last minute delay. :(

Sorry about that, at least you get constant updates from DS good or bad. Mine nada. Definitely sucks waiting, day 12 in production :(
Hopefully, we get our deliveries soon.

Cartech, did you order yours in Seattle? 15 days in production on mine since 03/06/2018 (ordered in Seattle, MX 75D, white). I hope this will make you feel better.

Thanks !! Yes Seattle area (ordered from Bellevue store), definitely feels better that I'm not alone but wondering why it's sitting in production for so long. Did you get a chance to talk to DS/OA? I'm waiting to hear back from my OA today since she said she will look into what's going on.

Thanks !! Yes Seattle area (ordered from Bellevue store), definitely feels better that I'm not alone but wondering why it's sitting in production for so long. Did you get a chance to talk to DS/OA? I'm waiting to hear back from my OA today since she said she will look into what's going on.
Yes, I did, but most time, I called SC to check any update after 5PM as they are busy during daytime. As of now, no updated information when it will be shipped, but hopefully get mine by this weekend.

Reactions: cartech
Yes, I did, but most time, I called SC to check any update after 5PM as they are busy during daytime. As of now, no updated information when it will be shipped, but hopefully get mine by this weekend.

Ok, hopefully production is complete on our vehicles and just waiting to be loaded on the transit truck. Hoping it gets on a truck this week.

Anyone here know how often they load vehicles for delivery from the factory. Is it more like once a week or as and when vehicles get built for a particular region.