Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AustinPowers Just call your DS. They will handle it for you. Easy process. We did it with the Model X we had on order. They will send you your deposit back, or they will hold it for a future purchase. Do it before your 7-day waiting period is up, though.

Wow, what a coincidence. I got a message in my profile page that I had been mentioned in this very thread. I come here, read the comments and think to myself "hey, I didn't write any of that". Turns out I was right, as in fact I myself didn't cancel my Model 3 reservation at all. And I almost thought I was going crazy or started suffering from split personality. What a difference one "space" can make.
Anyway, welcome to TMC to my "almost-namesake" ;)

Wow, what a coincidence. I got a message in my profile page that I had been mentioned in this very thread. I come here, read the comments and think to myself "hey, I didn't write any of that". Turns out I was right, as in fact I myself didn't cancel my Model 3 reservation at all. And I almost thought I was going crazy or started suffering from split personality. What a difference one "space" can make.

This is why most sites don't allow spaces in usernames :)

That's hilarious! It seems like it is using my 'First and Last names' and I don't see a 'username' field anywhere. Anyway, nice to meet you fellow namesake :)

A quick update: So I spoke to my DS and she said that I could ask for delivery 6 months out. I'm requesting a December delivery, just in time for Xmas :) She confirmed that I will be getting the most up-to-date hardware that is current when the car goes to the Production queue. I'm assuming I will still be able to get the federal tax credit by then (I was not able to find how many units Tesla has sold till date and when they'd be hitting that 200k mark). The Alliant promo might be moot by then, but heck I don't really care if I end up getting the most up-to-date hardware.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback and helping me make a rational decision :)

A quick update: So I spoke to my DS and she said that I could ask for delivery 6 months out. I'm requesting a December delivery, just in time for Xmas :) She confirmed that I will be getting the most up-to-date hardware that is current when the car goes to the Production queue. I'm assuming I will still be able to get the federal tax credit by then (I was not able to find how many units Tesla has sold till date and when they'd be hitting that 200k mark). The Alliant promo might be moot by then, but heck I don't really care if I end up getting the most up-to-date hardware.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback and helping me make a rational decision :)
Yea baby! I must ask the obligatory "did you use a referral code" mine is still available if you'd like to add it for the discount (if you haven't already) Referral | Tesla Motors is my like or tell them to add the code tom9993

In relation to blue jeans and grey leather seats, I have tan leather, which is supposed to be worse for this problem.
To avoid this, I had Opticoat applied to my cars paint and the same guy applied Opticoat for Leather; I'm sure there are others.
This substantially reduced the amount of blue marking on the seats, and made it easy to remove any slight blue marking with the chamois after I wash the car. My Model S is now 18 months old and the tan seats still look new.

Ordering now with delivery set in 6M must be unimaginable torture! Ordering now with earliest delivery is the WTG, and you will get the latest hardware available now. Who cares what's the latest hardware in 6M anyway, they just did a major model upgrade and facelift. Who says AP2.0 hardware will be available in 6M for sure, and who really cares? Nobody has confirmed, AP2.0 will be fit for fully autonomous mode, and it most likely will be not. I would not want to wait any longer than absolutely necessary. I am so read to enjoy!

My simple expectation from AP2.0 is to stop at Stop signs and traffic lights. Think I can wait a few months if it means being able to stop at intersections without getting killed :)

Ordering now with delivery set in 6M must be unimaginable torture! Ordering now with earliest delivery is the WTG, and you will get the latest hardware available now. Who cares what's the latest hardware in 6M anyway, they just did a major model upgrade and facelift. Who says AP2.0 hardware will be available in 6M for sure, and who really cares? Nobody has confirmed, AP2.0 will be fit for fully autonomous mode, and it most likely will be not. I would not want to wait any longer than absolutely necessary. I am so read to enjoy!

Did you recently place an order? It'd be interesting to see if there are any substantial differences in an order placed now and one delayed 6 months

My simple expectation from AP2.0 is to stop at Stop signs and traffic lights. Think I can wait a few months if it means being able to stop at intersections without getting killed :)
Not quite sure, but does that really require AP2.0 hardware? After all, the current system is already capable of reliably reading speed signs. Or has it been confirmed, that such functionality requires updated hardware? More cameras and sensors are a good thing, but add complexity, and it surely is the software not being up for task as of now.

Did you recently place an order? It'd be interesting to see if there are any substantial differences in an order placed now and one delayed 6 months
Ordered last week, estimated delivery period September - early October (because of being in Europe). With the major overhaul just taken place, I'm not assuming another major model hardware upgrade anytime soon.

Order confirmed! After going back and forth over AP 2.0, and following Elon's tweets in the past couple of days, I decided to go with the earliest delivery date (Aug-Sep est.). Cannot wait to get behind the wheel of my new Model S now!

Congratulations and now we wait. Have you updated the spreadsheet Model S Order & Delivery 2016

I am closely tracking orders form texas to get an estimate on production to delivery. I need this before the school starts and i have already indicated to my DS that i need the car before Aug 22. Her answer is it is possible delivery date but will confirm as things move along.

Congratulations and now we wait. Have you updated the spreadsheet Model S Order & Delivery 2016

I am closely tracking orders form texas to get an estimate on production to delivery. I need this before the school starts and i have already indicated to my DS that i need the car before Aug 22. Her answer is it is possible delivery date but will confirm as things move along.

Yes, we keep waiting, waiting... :) Thanks for the spreadsheet tip. Just updated. Looking at the Trade-in column gives me hope. LOL :D