Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Process going wonky, any advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're already a few days in to the process and things are going a bit wonky.

I order last Sunday (6th Sept), and all seemed ok. Tasks were assigned which I completed the first delivery.

Already on the Monday 7th Sept, I've been sent a "Delivery Appointment Confirmation" for 23rd Sept. Which I thought a bit odd... but onwards.

I then completed trade in, finance and registration.

Trade in was for my existing PCP'd car, so I need to settle that, luckily Tesla's offer was above that. I uploaded the settlement letter with that figure on it. Finance was fine, then registration.

This is when it then goes wonky. Yesterday - it changes to next steps, where my final payment is them paying me £11,500... which is wrong (they need me to pay them, and them to settle the finance on my existing car). But the task was "wait while we draw up the final contract and work out the final payment".

I emailed the tesla chap who took my order, he said to email deliveryGB@ so I did, but didn't hear anything back.

This morning it's gone even more wrong. Next steps is now showing "Payments", and says to wire the final payment to tesla. It then says the amount due is -11,500 and that "Your final payment was received".

Any ideas?

Lol, the problem is I can't give them the car they want as I don't own it. So taking the cash is wrong.

And yes, I'm banking on them noticing and fixing it, because at the moment it'll all fall apart at collection. I can't give them a car I don't own, and if they've not had money from me, I'll not have paid for the tesla.

Lol, the problem is I can't give them the car they want as I don't own it. So taking the cash is wrong.

And yes, I'm banking on them noticing and fixing it, because at the moment it'll all fall apart at collection. I can't give them a car I don't own, and if they've not had money from me, I'll not have paid for the tesla.

So you don't want to trade in your current car to Tesla and they think that you do? Phone them and they'll fix it.

No... I want to trade it but I owe money. So I need Tesla to settle it and then me to pay Tesla some more money.

I have called. And emailed. Nothing has changed so far.

Sounds like I've done all I can. I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks all.