TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order progression

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Patrick W, May 4, 2015.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

#1 Patrick W, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Now that my 85 has arrived I thought those awaiting delivery might be interested in seeing the progression of messages they can expect to be posted to their "My Tesla" account from placement of an order to receipt of the car (image edited per request for dates). Of course times between updates will vary.

progress dated.jpg

2. dcohen

dcohen Member

What were the dates? Just ordered a P85D. Ordered and confirmed about 1 week ago.

3. JunesongProvisn

Thanks for this info! Mine has been stuck at the "production queue" stage for three weeks now. Looks like that's about right.

Waiting is significantly harder than I anticipated. ;)

4. dcohen

dcohen Member

Thanks for the timing update. I guess patience is a virtue. I have never had any.

5. DFiveK2

DFiveK2 Member

I couldn't agree more with JuneSong. At this point I'd even accept a fake countdown timer. Like it will go into production 10 days from now. Don't care if it's accurate just want to see it get closer lol.

6. tecmage

tecmage Member

Just wait till it gets to production and then sits there for a week (as mine currently is) or two weeks like others on the forum have reported with no updates or any communication what is causing the holdup.

Other cars will fly in and out of production in 3-4 days while yours languishes in production limbo... Tesla is sure teaching me patience. :biggrin:

7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Having waited a little over three months for my little bundle of electron joy, this turnaround looks pretty good to me!

8. dkonigs

dkonigs Member

I'm currently "in the queue," though my DS has informed me of the expected date for start of production.

What I'm wondering, is at what point in this progression do they expect you to actually pay for the car? Also, how does that fit in with other things that appear on your "My Tesla" page?

9. tecmage

tecmage Member

It shows up the same area where the financing information is. Mine showed up over the weekend while my car is still in production. I was told I could even wait till the morning of delivery to submit a wire transfer for an evening pickup. I plan on paying sometime this week after my car finishes production and is in transit.