TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order question about price changes

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DionG, Jan 3, 2020.

1. DionG

DionG Member

I am about to order my Tesla model 3 here in the next week, and I am curious. Once I put that deposit down is that price locked in then or will it go down if there is a price drop or up if there is a price increase? Since it’s 5-8 week wait after the deposit, I was curious what that is about...

2. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

The price you agree to at the time you place your order is the price you pay. Depending on where your order is in the production process, if price goes down, you may have the option to cancel your order and place a new one to get the lower price (this is not Best Buy right?). If the price goes up, you pay your originally agreed on price.

3. TydalForce

TydalForce Member

Keep an eye on it, too. After I ordered mine (but before I took delivery), they did some price changes including the black paint I'd selected (went from $750 to $1000) -- and the Manage page showed the new price. I had to get my SA to do a correction (they gave me a credit)

• Like x 1
  4. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

On the event of a price drop, they’re good about adjusting the price for you. It makes no sense not to - you’d still have the ability to return and reorder the vehicle, so why not save everyone time and just adjust the price? Between my order April 5th and delivery April 19th, there was a $2,500 price drop on my configuration. The price was adjusted before delivery.

If it were to go up in price, you’d be locked in and not subject to that increase.

Both scenarios are in the customers’ favor - as it should be.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Answer is that it can vary.