Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago I was about to pick up a demo model 3 but Tesla did not approve the loan as I was not able to provide 3 months of personal income statements. I kept all my income in the business bank account. Which for some reason Tesla does not consider that as income and only provides consumer loans. So I had no choice but to order a new long range model 3 about 2 weeks ago now:
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 2.02.17 PM.png

Which is estimated to arrive in June. Will not being currently approved for the loan affect my delivery in anyway? Or can i fill out the payment method in when I am near delivery? That is when I will have the personal income statements ready.

Two weeks ago I was about to pick up a demo model 3 but Tesla did not approve the loan as I was not able to provide 3 months of personal income statements. I kept all my income in the business bank account. Which for some reason Tesla does not consider that as income and only provides consumer loans. So I had no choice but to order a new long range model 3 about 2 weeks ago now:
View attachment 651455
Which is estimated to arrive in June. Will not being currently approved for the loan affect my delivery in anyway? Or can i fill out the payment method in when I am near delivery? That is when I will have the personal income statements ready.
I would actually suggest applying for a loan in at least month and a half from now. I applied immediately and my approval was only good for 60 days after which they ran my credit again.

Reactions: TBrownTX
You should probably put that you are paying cash, so that they dont look at a failed loan application through them. You can always switch to their financing (which isnt actually through tesla but facilitated by tesla to other financial institutions) later.

You should also have a back up plan, like applying for a loan through some other financial institution (like perhaps where your business bank account is, where they can see you are on that account).

Reactions: Phlier and vickh
Hi all. When replace my current car in March 2022, I’ve decided to go with a M3. Not sure whether this will be purchase or lease at the moment.

I’ve been told by a leasing company that Tesla only deliver in the last month of each financial quarter, so if I need a car early next year they would recommend getting an order in for around October to ensure delivery for early March.

Is that correct, or would you leave it until to nearer the date?
Thanks
Matt

That’s exactly what I did. Placed an order for an M3P October of 2020. Took delivery 3/31/21. Although I had the opportunity to take delivery end of December and refused. So if you don’t take delivery end of December be prepared to wait another 3 months. It’s an absurd system but that’s what they do.

Hi all. When replace my current car in March 2022, I’ve decided to go with a M3. Not sure whether this will be purchase or lease at the moment.

I’ve been told by a leasing company that Tesla only deliver in the last month of each financial quarter, so if I need a car early next year they would recommend getting an order in for around October to ensure delivery for early March.

Is that correct, or would you leave it until to nearer the date?
Thanks
Matt
You can order it end of February and still get it in March.

Reactions: Mperkins28
@Mperkins28 is in England, so that's probably not the case for him.
Exactly.

When I purchased my car in August of 2019, Tesla would produce European and UK cars during the first weeks/month of each quarter. They did it this way so that the cars could be delivered to Europe, etc. before the end of the quarter. So for example, non US spec'd cars would be built in January for delivery by the end of March.

If you didn't get your order in before they switched the factory over to US spec'd cars, you'd have to wait until the first of the next quarter for your car to be built, followed by the long wait for it to be shipped overseas.

Not sure if that's still how they do things, as they have since brought China online, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt.

@Mperkins28

Now that parts of Europe are getting model 3s from the China plant, some of this may be in the process of changing. I would suggest swinging by the UK and Ireland specific subforum and asking there.

There will be a much more focused response there, from people who may be more familiar with the process now. One thing to note however, whatever you are told NOW (with now being April of 2021) could and likely will change somewhat by the fall. Tesla changes things FAST, unlike a lot of legacy car manufacturers.

When I ordered my BMWs I could track them from the factory in Germany to my dealers doorstep, including which boat they were on, as it with through the canal, etc etc. Its not that sophisticated with Tesla by a long shot. It may be hard to "time it" but you will get more up to date info by checking in with the regional forum I mentioned which you can find here: