Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order questions

ad1910

Mar 20, 2020
St. Louis MO
I have a 2020 m3 LR. Since the used prices are crazy right now I want to sell and upgrade to a new M3P. I put an order in and post order Tesla sent me an email to fill out financing info. Their delivery date estimate is November and I’m not
Sure how much I’ll get for my car and I don’t want to sell it too soon as it’s my only car. They are asking for exact amounts that I’m not sure about yet. My questions are

Do I have to enter the financing info to get a VIN or can I wait to put that in?
Will I at least have a general idea of when the car will be available?

I bought my M3 as a demo so I didn’t do any of this stuff before.

thanks for any and all help

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
You can put that you are paying cash, to get around needing to put in financing information now. With that being said...

"Will I have at least a general idea of when the car will be available". = No, you wont. You will have a very difficult time trying to "time" selling your old car and buying a new one, if you dont have alternate transportation (another car).

You WILL need to arrange for alternative transportation, you will NOT be able to pin down any delivery timeframe etc, regardless of what the website says for delivery dates. It will move, multiple times, most likely, so do NOT plan on taking any action because of delivery dates in your tesla account (just dont do it).

Plan to rent a car, or borrow one from family, or ride the bus, or some other form of transportation because you will not be able to time this at all based on any information tesla gives you (repeating it for emphasis).

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC