Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order status - emails / MyTesla out of sync?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very pleased to see my 60D go into production on Monday, and even more so to receive an email on Wednesday morning saying production is complete. However, MyTesla still claims "Your Tesla is currently in production" but the Estimated Delivery Range updated to a more specific May 18, 2017 - June 1, 2017.

I haven't received any emails stating the vehicle is in transit. Is this typical? What can I expect in terms of actual delivery date?

Yes, it is typical. There seems to be a limbo sort of period where production is complete, but the car not yet is in transit. The emails go along with that, but the website does not update.

Your actual delivery date likely will update and narrow in a little while. You can check with your DS for more specifics, but things are going to start happening soon. When they do, it happens pretty quickly. If you are looking into financing or leasing, it's time to get your ducks in a row.

Congratulations!

For me, I got the email of in transit, then 2 days later it was ready for delivery. I think emails and updates should be taken with a grain of salt. I think they do a lot behind the scenes. If you're really itching to find out more you DS can help big time.

My 60D (Sunroof, EAP, PUP, 19", Midnight Silver) also went into production on Monday. I got an (automated) email Tuesday saying it was in production. I got an email from my DS yesterday saying it was in the "final stages" of production and we need to talk about scheduling delivery. MyTesla still says "currently in production" and the est delivery date is still Late April-May.
I'm picking it up in Fremont, FWIW.

Thanks for the input, all. I haven't yet received notification of the vehicle being in transit and MyTesla still claims it's in production. I can't imagine they let these sit on the Fremont lot for very long. Anyway, I will check with my DS early next week to see if I can get a more specific status.

At times, My Tesla, e-mail and DS are accurate - but not always in sync - and the DS may not always have accurate information.

Tesla is pretty transparent on the order status and needs to do a little more work to get the information sources in sync.

Thanks for the input, all. I haven't yet received notification of the vehicle being in transit and MyTesla still claims it's in production. I can't imagine they let these sit on the Fremont lot for very long. Anyway, I will check with my DS early next week to see if I can get a more specific status.

Just got an email today my 60D is complete, then a little bit after that MyTesla was updated with the same info. Since it appears ours were on the line at about the same time, I'll guess your's is/will be complete soon.