Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order stuck on TBD for weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. It's been 2 weeks for me and, when I called Buena Park Tesla center to inquire about it, was told to check my account on 12/20/21 and, there may be an update at that time. And, if there isn't any update by 01/10/22, was asked to call back to inquire. I'm not sure what the significant is in those 2 dates are but, I will have to wait and see.

No VIN yet. Praying that it gets delayed as much as possible - I am out of town realistically expecting a VIN by Friday and then forcing my hand a week or 2 after that.
@motoroo your order was 2020?? Really? Were you forced to release hold (similar to others recently)?

I was originally going to guess you'll get bumped to Jan, but if your order date is from 2020 then I'm actually thinking they'll try and make you take delivery ASAP.

Anyone here have their order stuck on TBD for weeks? Lifted my order hold 3 weeks ago (order date 2020), and no EDD for 3 weeks, stuck on TBD.

Blue/Black/19”

Did you get an email from Tesla where they tried canceling your order? It stated that because I have an old order the car needs to be reconfigured and prices updated? (I'd end up having to pay ~7k more)

Finally was able to reach someone and just wanted to update. They told me that since my order was from March 2021 and was put on hold and taken off recently, it is now pushed to the next batch (delivery in Jan-Mar) but there still might be a slight chance of receiving the car this year. If I don't have a delivery date/update by 1/10, I should to call back and check.

Reactions: ajstan
Have been inquiring with tesla about this for a few days now. I bought a reservation off someone who ordered in april 2021. Have had all registration/financing info done for about 3 weeks and EDD still comes up as TBD. My tesla center said “when it says TBD for a while, it means our system is reconfiguring old orders to try to keep things in order. Thats all we know.” Figured I’d put it out there since a lot of us are in the same boat.