Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order stuck on TBD for weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally was able to reach someone and just wanted to update. They told me that since my order was from March 2021 and was put on hold and taken off recently, it is now pushed to the next batch (delivery in Jan-Mar) but there still might be a slight chance of receiving the car this year. If I don't have a delivery date/update by 1/10, I should to call back and check.

Have been inquiring with tesla about this for a few days now. I bought a reservation off someone who ordered in april 2021. Have had all registration/financing info done for about 3 weeks and EDD still comes up as TBD. My tesla center said “when it says TBD for a while, it means our system is reconfiguring old orders to try to keep things in order. Thats all we know.” Figured I’d put it out there since a lot of us are in the same boat.
Thanks to both of you. Those are two data points I haven't seen. They likely provide more detail as to why the Tesla rep suggested that I hold off on completing the loan application until I get a VIN (the rest of my profile is complete) so I didn't run the risk of the loan agreement expiring before the vehicle was delivered. While I'd gladly take the vehicle at any time, it would also be nice to get through the majority of snow season before taking delivery.

I have a different but weird experience. I placed my July order on hold on Nov 11 till Dec 21.
However when I checked on dec 18, the car was showing it was no longer on hold. I didn’t have the I’m Ready button and EDD showed TBD.
I called on 12/20 to ask about it and the lady said the order was still on hold. I told her I’m seeing differently and she became confused and said to check back the next day.
Next day, I see EDD of 1/1 - 1/28.
Fingers crossed

I have a different but weird experience. I placed my July order on hold on Nov 11 till Dec 21.
However when I checked on dec 18, the car was showing it was no longer on hold. I didn’t have the I’m Ready button and EDD showed TBD.
I called on 12/20 to ask about it and the lady said the order was still on hold. I told her I’m seeing differently and she became confused and said to check back the next day.
Next day, I see EDD of 1/1 - 1/28.
Fingers crossed
Ah. The exact same thing just happened to me. My hold suppose to until 12/31. When I checked last Friday (12/24) it was still on hold, but when I checked it today (12/27), it seems no longer on hold with EDD TBD. I might call them on 12/31 just to make sure I'm off the hold properly if the EDD doesn't update by then.

I called, No new information. SA sees same thing like what we see.
I ended up texting my delivery center, basically said waiting for the factory to build/assign me a car.
Yep still stuck on TBD as well. Anyone know any general numbers we can call rather than the service center that we have delivery set up at?
I called 650 681 5100 Tesla HQ in Bay Area last week and was able to reach someone pretty informative if you don't have luck with the 888 number.

Could you please share the information if you don't mind?
Of course, it was just
Finally was able to reach someone and just wanted to update. They told me that since my order was from March 2021 and was put on hold and taken off recently, it is now pushed to the next batch (delivery in Jan-Mar) but there still might be a slight chance of receiving the car this year. If I don't have a delivery date/update by 1/10, I should to call back and check.
Maybe try calling the number as well since your situation could be different due to location.

Reactions: khurshidev
Ah. The exact same thing just happened to me. My hold suppose to until 12/31. When I checked last Friday (12/24) it was still on hold, but when I checked it today (12/27), it seems no longer on hold with EDD TBD. I might call them on 12/31 just to make sure I'm off the hold properly if the EDD doesn't update by then.
Similar experience. I ordered my car on 9/25, and placed it on hold until 12/31. My order was taken off hold (not by me) within the last few days, and the EDD now says TBD. I know this because I check my order page every few days to make sure it stays on hold, and it was still on hold a few days ago. I wonder if it came off hold because I hit the 90 day mark on my order. My order agreement says “If you do not take delivery of your Vehicle within ninety (90) days of placing your order at no fault of Tesla’s, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current pricing.” Tesla seems to be more assertive about enforcing this 90 day policy, so I wonder if they will insist I take the next car they make available.

So, yeah.... my TBD just resolved into Delivery between 12/28 (today!) and 12/31.... so I'm scrambling to get my ducks in a row and waiting for more info from Tesla, as I do not have a VIN or Purchase order yet. Only the delivery date range and asking to finalize payment (which I need the purchase order for) and insurance (which I need the VIN for).

I was a MYLR-RWD reservation from 10/2019 that converted to AWD this February, and took off hold in early December when they began cancelling orders, since I did not want to lose my locked in pricing.

Self-update.... got a call today that the car I was matched to was damaged and sent to the body shop, so I was unmatched from it (though app/site still says 28th-31st) and I'm likely not going to get a new match until after the new year... which is what I kind of wanted anyhow in the long shot of the new federal rebate being passed and being retro until 1/1.

So, yeah :)

So, yeah.... my TBD just resolved into Delivery between 12/28 (today!) and 12/31.... so I'm scrambling to get my ducks in a row and waiting for more info from Tesla, as I do not have a VIN or Purchase order yet. Only the delivery date range and asking to finalize payment (which I need the purchase order for) and insurance (which I need the VIN for).

I was a MYLR-RWD reservation from 10/2019 that converted to AWD this February, and took off hold in early December when they began cancelling orders, since I did not want to lose my locked in pricing.

• Informative
Reactions: coolzai
I'm seeing different information today. I'm not sure if they redesigned the website or I'm actually getting the car soon.

Could someone else with TBD status confirm?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-104049_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-104049_Samsung Internet.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 419
Hmm. A little bit different than my next steps:

Next Steps
- We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
- Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview