TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order to Delivery - Current Timeline

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jay MX, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Jay MX

Jay MX Member

Can anyone give me an idea of the average production time from order to delivery for current 90D 6 seaters?

I already placed my order, and had my Owner Advisor put the order on hold as my current lease expires in April, 2017. I am wondering when I should have him reactivate the order to ensure a delivery on or about April 15th.

I have already been assigned a VIN number, which is pretty exciting.

This is my first post and appreciate all of the amazing information on the blog!

2. Redmiata98

Redmiata98 Member

Welcome to the forum. What does your OA predict for the order ship time?

3. DougH

DougH Active Member

4. nehcrut

nehcrut Member

At the moment, it's looking like 60-90 days. With Tesla trying to ramp production, it might be a little faster when you have to worry about yours going into production. I bet if you would be fine re-activating your order at the beginning/middle of February since you are out West.

5. Jay MX

Jay MX Member

Really appreciate all of the great advice!

6. Wineborg

Wineborg Member

My MX 90D was confirmed on 6/14, and the car rolled off the production line at the end of July, so it took less than 45 days. However, I am on East coast, and it takes ~3 weeks for the car to be transported across the country. Last thing I heard from my DS is that my car will arrive the SC today. But it probably shouldn't take more than a week for your MX to go from Freemont to Vegas.