Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to delivery going fast of my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told and based on my research, that it would take about 4 months from order to delivery. Well, it seems to be moving along much quicker now. I placed an order for a Model S on 8th October. Now, today I've got the notice that the car is already built and is in transit from the factory. Expected delivery to me late Nov early Dec. That's less than two months!! ;)

Well that's all great, but now I need to get my Benz sold! Don't have space for two cars!! :rolleyes:

The timing was good too in terms of the hardware. It was confirmed that my car has the latest hardware. Glad I didn't order one month earlier..

Sounds like you were lucky with the timing. Cars for HK are typically built in the first month of the quarter, for delivery before the end of the quarter. As you may be aware, Tesla is pushing hard for Q3 and Q4 profitability and that means delivering every single car they can.

My only concern (for you) would be that this will be the first cars in HK with AP2.0. We all know how painful our Transport Department can be with type approval, so I hope the cars don't get delayed waiting for that to go through.

I think TD do not have any objection to installed any hardware even AP2. But a full self-driving car in HK on the road..mostly they can't accepted it if they have the rule. Anyway, Pls share with us when your MS arrived and let me decide to trade in or not my current AP1 MS.